Chapter 32: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʙᴜʏꜱ ʜɪᴍ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇꜱ

♥Chapter 32: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʙᴜʏꜱ ʜɪᴍ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇꜱ♥

Chapter 32: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʙᴜʏ ʜɪᴍ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇꜱ♥

Kennedy

My eyes are still closed when I try to feel for Jake beside me. A frown comes to my face when my hand closes around nothing.

I pop open my eyes and see that Jake isn't even beside me.

He must've gone for his morning run or something. I let out a huge monstrous groan and stretch my body. Raising myself up like the dead, I yawn, patting my mouth and look around. I scream.

Jake's sitting quietly on his chair, looking at me with slightly wide eyes.

"Didn't mean to scare you." He says and takes a sip of his coffee.

"You did anyway," I answer, hopping off the bed and walking over to him. "What are you doing up so early?" I ask as I plop down on his lap. His arm automatically circles me, making my head rest against his chest.

"It's 10 in the morning." He replies.

I wave my hand, "That's still quite early, isn't it?"

He shrugs.

I snuggle my head into his chest, making myself comfortable. He takes another sip of his coffee.

I try listening for his heartbeat, placing my ear on his chest.

My mouth drops open and my hands freeze in their place.

He has no heartbeat.

I try listening for it again.

None.

I can't hear any lub-dub.

Is it true what Corey said then? That Jake has no heart?

If Jake has no heart then how does he feel emotions? How can he say that he's falling in love with me?

Maybe he's learnt to pretend to have emotions. He's mastered the act of feeling even when he doesn't really feel anything.

My bottom lip starts trembling.

I can't imagine someone without a heart, who has to force themselves to feel. What can be much worse than that?

Jake notices the change in my behaviour and becomes alarmed.

"Kennedy? You're crying? What happened?"