Chapter 14: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴄᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ʜɪꜱ ʀᴏᴏᴍ

♥Chapter 14: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴄᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ʜɪꜱ ʀᴏᴏᴍ♥

✿Kennedy✿

"Anyways," Toothy turns towards me after watching Corey and Jake run out the door, "Those two will be back in a while. Wanna do something until then?"

I nod.

I force my mouth to stay shut about what I found out about Toothy.

I made a promise to Jake, and I intend to keep it.

I just hope my dang mouth will co-operate with me.

Toothy walks into the living room, looking around at the toys before seating herself on the couch. She plays with her hair, zoning off silently for a moment. She looks really pretty in a crop top and denim skirt paired with white sneakers.

"You're really pretty," I say.

She looks up at me, startled, "What?"

"I said you're really pretty." I smile and plop down beside her on the couch.

She clears her throat and straightens up on the couch, "Thank you."

"I like your hair," I say.

She looks away from me, biting her lip, "Yeah, um, you've said that before."

She looks really uncomfortable now. Her eyes dart to the front door as if she's waiting for Corey and Jake to come back.

"Are you okay?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows in worry.

A small gulp goes down her throat.

She nods, "Yeah I'm fine."

"Wanna talk about something?" I ask.

She nods then abruptly shakes her head as if she's battling with something.

She puts her hands on her face and takes a long deep breath while my face contorts in worry.

"Do I have something on my face that's scaring you?" I ask.

She shakes her head before, lifting her head from her hands and leaning back on the couch, getting comfortable.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," She says, "I just..." She shakes her head dismissing the topic, "Nothing. Let's talk about something."  

I want to ask her what happened but give one last worried look instead before opening my mouth.

"I'm from California," I say.

She nods, "Yeah, you've said that."

What didn't I say?

Before I can open my mouth again, Corey and Jake trudge in through the front door; both covered in mud and dirt.

"Fucker chased me down until we fell into a pile of wet mud," Corey grumbles, walking straight into the kitchen to take a rag and wipe his face.