Chapter 56: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅꜱ ʜᴇʟᴘ

♥Chapter 56: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅꜱ ʜᴇʟᴘ♥

Chapter 56: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʜᴇʟᴘ♥

Kennedy

Seven days later, I'm back at home.

I'm staring at the wall of my room.

Jake's been keeping his distance from me for what reason, I don't know. He's still taking care of me, making sure I'm getting all necessities as my requirement. But he's just not...there.

I feel my own detachment from him, weighing me down. It's like, having cancer and knowing your death is going to come soon makes you feel like there's no use to live anymore, there's no use in loving someone anymore.

I still love Jake though. I love him as much as I did before. But there are other things piling on top of that love making it invisible.

There's no clear path ahead of me.

There's nothing for me in the future.

I feel like an empty body functioning like a robot.

The clock displays the time three in the afternoon.

The door opens and I don't move when Jake comes in.

He gazes at me.

Then closes the door behind him. It's time for my medicines I think.

"We need to talk." He says.

I look at him. A tight expression marks his face. I'm waiting for him to say something else.

"Okay," I say finally.

He looks at me then moves towards the bed, hesitates, then sits down in front of me.

He holds my gaze. He stares at me for far too long.

Emotions crack his face and I'm caught off guard.

"Why are you hiding?" He tries to keep his voice firm. I'm staring at him, mouth parting open. "Why are you hiding from me?"

I'm not sure how to answer. He's gazing at me with expressions that tell nothing and everything at the same time.

"What?" I say.

His fists clench on his thighs. "You're not like you used to be."

Even you. I wanted to say but I choose to only stay silent.

He picks up that I'm not going to say anything and continues. "You feel so far away even though you're right here in front of me. You don't talk to me anymore, you don't smile the way you used to anymore, even if they were the fake ones." He gauges my reaction, but I give nothing.

He's struggling to say something more. I can tell by the way he's biting his lower lip. Finally, he says, "It's like you don't...love me anymore."

My eyes widen. I don't love him anymore? Does he really think that?