Chapter 5: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛꜱ ʜᴇʀ ᴋɴᴇᴇ

Does he match your imagination of Corey? ^

Chapter 5: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴋɴᴇᴇ♥

Kennedy

I have two options; barge straight into Jake's room and say 'thank you for the inhaler' or just wait until breakfast.

I want to see him right now.

I mean he got me a freaking inhaler. And it's also the colour yellow. No one got me an inhaler before except Gary.

I should go and say 'thank you' right now. Better late than never, amirite?

I creep towards Jake's room across mine. The door's closed but I can hear talking on the other side.

My eyes widen as I press my ear on the door. I don't want to eavesdrop and trust me, I'm a really good girl but if you wanna take over the world, you gotta collect info and get ready to use it against the person.

The other reason is obviously that I want to hear more of Jake's smooth and deep voice.

I press my lips together as I try deciphering the words he says. Was he on the phone?

I can only hear a frequent 'yes' or a 'no'. He isn't talking much.

Disappointment washes over me as he stops talking altogether.

I strain my ears to hear anything else.

Maybe I've gone suddenly deaf that's why I can't hear him—the door pulls away from me. My body loses balance and almost falls face-first. A gasp escapes my lips as I regain myself. I look up and yelp when I meet the eyes of a glaring Jake.

"Oh heyyy, Jake." I drawl.

His eyes are so beautiful. And scary.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He asks, not so politely.

Realizing I have been caught spying on him, I decide to do the best that I can.

I place my hands on my hips, glaring up at him, "What are you doing? Huh? Sneaking around and talking to people you aren't supposed to?"

His eyebrows pull together in a frown.

"What if you go to jail?" I question.

His eyes turn dark with anger as his jaw clenches, "If you tell Alex anything about this, I'm gonna make you regret stepping foot in Manhattan, got it?" He threatens.

I blink in surprise. A, he calls his dad by his first name? B, he was actually talking to someone he wasn't supposed to?

"Did you just call your dad by his first name?" I question.