Chapter 53: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ

♥Chapter 53: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ♥

Chapter 53: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ♥

Kennedy

My eyes open in the middle of the night with a heavy weight pressing on my chest. Something like a quite heavy sob leaves my mouth nearly wracking me. My hand moves to my side where I know Jake's sleeping figure would be.

My fingers find his arm and I shake it.

Being the light sleeper he is, he wakes up in seconds, stirring around to find me.

"What happened?" His sleepy voice asks.

Tears stream down my face and my throat feels too choked up to reply.

"Kennedy?"

I bring my hand to my mouth to muffle the sobs, but they come out anyway.

"Kennedy?" Jake's voice sounds more alert now.

He's sitting up now and moving the covers away. He pulls me onto his lap, resting my head on his hard chest. "What happened?" He asks softly, pressing a kiss to my head, holding my hand in his.

For some reason, I can't stop crying and the tears just flow down while my mouth makes choked noises of sobs.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

I nod my head.

He wraps his arms around me, holding me tighter. "It's okay, Ken. I'm right here." He kisses the top of my head.

I nuzzle my face into his hoodie, finding comfort from the warmth of his body.

A few minutes pass and Jake keeps on holding me, rocking back and forth gently while whispering calming words.

"Are you alright?" He asks after I finally quiet down.

I give a nod, gulping.

He wipes my remaining tears with the pad of his thumb.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks, even though already knowing the answer.

Of course, I wanna talk to Jake. I always tell him stuff, even if it is unnecessary.

Not everything. A voice at the back of my head echoes.

I ignore it.

"I had a nightmare," I tell him.

He remains silent as if he's waiting for something.

What is he waiting for though?

After a few seconds, a resigned sigh comes out of his lips. He speaks up. "Yeah? What happened?"

"I had a dream about my parents." My voice hushes down to a whisper as a feeling of deep sadness weighs on my chest. Jake notices that and brings his hand up to caress my hair soothingly.