Chapter 17: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀꜱ

♥Chapter 17: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀꜱ♥

Chapter 17: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀꜱ

❆Jake❆

Thirty minutes pass and I have nothing more to do.

I even finish revising for the class test tomorrow.

I look over at Corey to see him tapping on his phone with the TV still playing. A smile rests on his face as he texts someone.

"Who're you texting?" I ask, merely out of boredom.

"Just this girl from class." He answers, not lifting his head to even look at me. "Don't be jealousss." He sing-songs quietly.

I give him a flat look and look away, checking the time on the clock. Eight.

Fuck, I'm not even sleepy. What should I do?

If Kennedy was here, she would do something or the other that'll at least keep me half busy.

A glare comes onto my face at the memory of what she did today when I tried resting my head on her lap. 

She screamed 'BLOODY MURDERER!' before grabbing my neck and rattling it as if I were a fucking toy.

That brat. 

"The invitation to the field is still open," Corey speaks, finally looking up while slipping his phone into his pocket.

"If you got nothing else to do, might as well go there and pass time," He continues, "The girls went out to shop, what are we guys doing here sitting at home?" He prods me.

I frown. "Why did Toothy want to suddenly go to the mall? And she willingly wanted to drive?" I ask. "She does know she's a horrible driver, right?"

He gives me a serious look. "I know, right? I asked her a billion times if she was okay."

I raise an eyebrow. "And she said...?"

"Said she'll cut off my tongue if I bother her one more time." Corey gives a small unhappy look. 

My frown remains. "She's still anxious and uncomfortable. Around Kennedy too." 

"But she likes her," Corey says. "Kennedy's easy to talk to." 

"If you understand half the things she says first," I mutter.

Corey shrugs. "Maybe Toothy wanted alone time with Kennedy. Who knows?" He says. "Girls are confusing anyway."

I nod in agreement.

"So wanna go to the field?" He asks.

I think about it and shrug, seeing no problem in going there now as Kennedy is not at home. I wanted to spend time with her though even if she tried killing me.