Chapter 4, FLYNN

I kneel before the feisty brown-haired woman. Her eyes gleaming with shock and anger all at once. She didn't like me. That much was easy to tell.

I let go of one of her wrists, keeping her more damaged one in my other hand, while trifling through my discarded bag. I found a shirt, put one end in my mouth and pulled the other direction, ripping the fabric into one long piece, never taking my eyes off hers. To my surprise, hers never leave mine either.

I flip her hand over, her knuckle was burnt and bloody and already bruised, her middle and ring fingers swollen.

"That must be one hell of a necklace to go through this much to get it." I say, beginning to wrap her hand. She winces at the contact and pressure. "Did I hurt you, love?"

She looks at me with a puzzled look. "I think the fact that it already hurts is my fault, not yours."

I hum in response.

"Who are you?" She finally asks. "You're not from Redmage. Or our tribe."

"Maybe if you tell me your name I'll tell you mine." I challenge.

"I don't even like you. Why should I tell you my name?" She says with an annoying amount of sass.

"You asked who I was. I was just asking for the same thing in return, love." I smirk at her and tie off her hand with a jolt and she lets out a whimper, sending a small chill down my front.

"Who. Are. You." She asks once more. Well, more like demands.

"Shouldn't I buy you a drink first?"

She lets out a loud, frustrated groan, smacking her knee with her free hand and standing up. I grab her wrist once more and pull her back down, our faces almost touching. She clenches her fist and her jaw in anger. Her chest visibly rising and falling in her tight, low-fronted, long sleeved shirt.

"Let go, or tell me your name." She says firmly, looking straight into my eyes without so much as blinking.

I wipe down her other knuckle with the cloth in my right hand, holding hers in my left. She winces again at the surprising contact.

"Ass..." she mutters as I start wrapping it.

"Now that's not a nice thing to say is it, darling?"

To my surprise, she leans in closer. Our noses just barely touching. But she doesn't do what I thought she would. She did what I should've expected her to do.

She reaches into my pocket and takes out her necklace, and pulls away from my face, making me take a deep breath.

She puts the necklace in one of her pant pockets instead of around her neck.

I scoff at her.

"What, am I supposed to thank you?" She says with raised brows. "Thank you so much for not punching me." She feigns gratitude. "Now, will you tell me your name?"

"Will you learn how to ask nicely?" I tease. Seeing her angry was funny, even if it wasn't a good idea. Which clearly it wasn't.

She kicks me in the chest, I fall to my back easily from my kneeling position. She places her knee near my throat before I can move, so now if I tried, she'd crush my windpipe, but she's much smaller than me which makes it much easier to get out from under her.

"Smart." I say in a heavy pant. "But not smart enough."

I grab her thigh with my right hand, and reach my arm across her throat with my left, pushing back so she falls beside me and I'm now on top of her. My right hand staying on her thigh and my left holding her throat to the ground.

"Fuck you." She says. I thought she was done speaking when she says one word. One name.

"Briar."

I raise a brow at her and she shrugs — as much as she can in this position. "You pinned me. I thought it was only fair I told you."

I grin. "I did pin you didn't I?"

"Yes." She breathes. "And now you c-can.. m.. let go of my thigh." She groans. Has she never been touched? I shake my thoughts away.

I let go and stand up, offering a hand to her. She doesn't take it and stands on her own. She begins walking away, back to her people, when I finally answer her question.

"My name is Flynn."

_______________

This book isn't purely smut but it will get to it, if you have any kinks for fantasies you'd like for me to add I can try to incorporate it into future chapters!

Keep sticking with it because it's worth it in my opinion.

Love y'all and thanks for reading <3