<3 Chapter 23, BRIAR <3

"Could we go now?" I ask, hopefully.

"I don't think stalking your camp and going in at night is the smartest decision, unless we want to be shot before they can even see us." He remarks.

I nod my head once, more to myself than him, realizing that he has a point. "Well, this seems moderately safe, plus we can see when they're leaving. Let's stay here for the night." I throw my bag to the side and place my rifle against a rock. I sit down and lean against a rock, stretching my legs out and crossing my ankle, putting my hands behind my head.

Flynn stands above me with raised brows.

"What?" I ask. "I started the fire last night when you doubted me. It's your turn." I take a hand out from behind my head and roll my wrist, gesturing to the ground near me, "Go on." I say simply.

He huffs a laugh and shakes his head, throwing his bag beside mine and then his rifle beside mine as well. "I'm only listening to you now because I know you're tired. There will be other circumstances that you won't be able to say anything at all." He nudges my leg with his foot and I instinctively squeeze my legs tighter, knowing exactly what "other circumstances" he's talking about. "I also won't let you do that until we're done." He says, not even looking in my direction but knows exactly what I did.

I scoff and try to pretend that everything he's saying isn't making me horny.

It is, though. God, it definitely is.

After not too long of him collecting a million little sticks that were very hard to find, Flynn finally has a minimal fire going. Good enough for tonight, at least.

He finds the blanket we've been using to soften the ground at night and he lays it out in front of us. It really was one of the thickest blankets I've ever had; I can't even feel the ground under me when I lay on it.

He sighs as he sinks down beside me, kicking his shoes off. Once he's somewhat relaxed, he stretches his legs out like I did, and rests his hand on my thigh. Very close to- well, you know.

He notices I tense up at his contact, and I can see his devilish smirk out of the corner of my eye. He gives my thigh a squeeze, moving his hand further up.

Once he makes it to the corner of my sex, he stops, making me squirm for more. He knows what he's doing to me and he's enjoying every second of it.

His other hand crosses to my waist and he quickly pulls me into his lap, making me straddle him. One hand slithers up my back to my hair. He clenches it in his fist, giving it a tug so my neck extends for him. He starts slow, giving me small pecks on my neck before speeding up, his pecks turning into more. He sucks on the skin in more than one spot, making me moan out.

With his free hand, he quickly covers my mouth and jerks my head forwards, making me look at him. "Not tonight." He says sternly. "Tonight..." he whispers, uncovering my mouth and getting closer to my lips, "I won't allow a sound to come out of your body. Understand?"

I slowly nod my head and he grins. Without another second, he smashes his lips onto mine.

God this man is... perfect. Everything about him. From the way his voice sounds to the way he holds me.

I wrap my arms around his neck as he moves his tongue in and out of my mouth, biting on my lip every now and then.

He pulls away, releasing my hair and gently grabbing the sides of my face, making me look at him. "Briar." He whispers. It almost sounds like he's saying my name for the first time.

"Hmm?" I ask, rubbing my thumb against his cheek.

"I want you now." He says, making my heart skip a beat. "Can I have you?"