Chapter 45, FLYNN AND BRIAR

( * swipe to play the song above while you read <3 * )

___________________________________

I scramble through my thoughts, looking for the one spot that she may still be near: nothing.

My limp becomes deeper the longer I walk, the afternoon sun quickly drifting to evening sun.

Fighting every urge my body has to sit down, I keep moving, knowing that as soon as it becomes dark I'll lose the advantage to spot her.

Keep moving.

She's here. She's alive.

Keep moving.

I look up to the sky and whisper the only prayer I know.

BRIAR
___________________________________

Waking up was the hardest part.

He wasn't here.

He should have found me by now. The sun was already drifting to evening.

We should've found each other.

I was thankful I only had a few scratches from the fight of last night, other than the pounding headache from being hit in the back of the head.

I was lucky to stay awake as long as I did; for fighting as long as I did, otherwise I either wouldn't be here, physically, or i'd be dead.

I continued moving, looking for Flynn, even as my head threatened to pull me down again, but a few thoughts crossed over my mind as I did.

I was unconscious— there were clearly more than just the men I took out... why didn't they take me? Or kill me?

Now of course, even as panic spread through my body, they may have taken Flynn— yet why take only one? Why not both of us if they had taken him?

A shudder went through me at the thought of Flynn not being out here. That I could be searching for a ghost.

I'm not.

He isn't kidnapped and he sure as hell isn't dead.

I haven't told the asshole I love him. That has to count for something, right?

Fear, panic, rage threaten to pull me under, to pull me to my knees and make me sob until I can't breathe.

But it doesn't.

I stand up straighter and shake off the doubt— even while my head feels like it's about to fall off.

Keep moving.

He's here. He's alive.

Keep moving.

I look up the the setting sun and decide to whisper the only thing I can.

A prayer.

______________

I've officially decided that Pieces is their song. No one can change my mind.

Well shit I love this song so much it might be the characters in my next books' song too.

Sorry for the short chapter but the next chapter makes up for it I think.
*evil laughter*

Love y'all and thanks for reading <3