Chapter 11, BRIAR

I woke up with a sob bursting from my throat, sweat dripping from my forehead.

"Bad dream?"

I jump at the deep raspy voice.

Shit. I was practically laying on top of him. I quickly roll to the other side, sitting up and putting shoes back on my feet.

"It's morning. We should get going." I say, focusing on my boots.

"Get going where?" I feel him brush against me and stand up. He towers over me, walking around to my side.

"I changed my mind. I want to go back to my people. If I don't I won't have anywhere to go."

Flynn laughs, "I thought you could take care of yourself." He squats down, pressing a large hand to my bruised side and I wince. "Does it still hurt?"

"Mhm. Somebody stretched it further than it could go last night so it's throbbing at the moment." I say with a pointed glare at him.

He lifts my shirt about without saying anything, and begins undoing my wrap. I don't stop him. His cold fingers feel good against my warm body.

He finishes taking off the bandage and then he rests his hands there for a moment. I glance in his direction and—shit.

He's staring at my lips. I quickly look away again but his hand reaches up and grasps my chin between his thumb and pointer finger, making me look at him.

"I'm going to be honest, love: I want to kiss you again."

Fuck.

Did he have to say that?

We stare at each other a moment longer. He's waiting for me to speak.

Say something. Just fucking say something.

"Did I scare the words out of you, darling or have you suddenly gone mute? You had no problem kissing me last night." He smirks with smugness.

God I want to punch him.

But fuck I want to kiss him.

"No. Now either put my bandage back on or get ready to leave." I speak as calmly as I can, but I know he hears the shake in voice because he smiles.

"As you wish." He begins wrapping the cloth back around my ribs, keeping direct eye contact the whole time.

Fuck, what was he doing to me?