Chapter 20, FLYNN

I honestly hadn't expected her to do anything so soon. I was willing to wait for her but she said that she chose me. And I choose her.

She was being surprisingly patient about me not having sex with her.

**
I wanted to. God, I wanted to. But the fact that she had been raped... I felt the need to give her time. Or at least until I killed Kai.
**

Until then, I'll protect her with everything I have.

<><>

"My fucking feet hurt so I'm sitting the fuck down right now." She whines. I laugh at her and how much she curses.

She sits down with a groan and rubs her knees to make them stop aching. I take an opportunity to get close to her again.

I walk over and kneel in front of her. I slowly untie her laces, never letting my eyes leave hers. I take both boots off before trailing my hands up her legs, starting at her ankles, moving to her calves, then her knees, then her thighs.

I stop on the outside of her legs and slowly move inward, making her spread her legs and moan slightly when my finger caresses her sweet spot.

"I love the sounds you make." I growl and her cheeks flush red. She attempts to close her legs but I stop them, spreading them even further.

"I thought you were- mm... waiting." She says, breathless with a moan in between her words.

"I am. Teasing you is just fun." I stand and lean in closer to her lips, leaning against her legs and making sure they stay open.

She closes her eyes instinctively and takes in a deep breath when I start rubbing my thumbs in circles on her inner thighs.

"When you're naked under me, I won't allow you to close your eyes. You're lucky right now, love." I whisper.

She opens her eyes and chokes a sound of surprise. She regains her composure and I can tell she's going to say something because she gets a devious smirk.

"Who says I'll be under you?" She runs her hands up my arms.

"Because, darling, I've been dying to pin you for another reason. And I won't give you the chance to be on top of me." I step back, touching her cheek before pointing to her shoes then her feet. "Now move your ass and put your shoes back on."

<><>

The days felt like they were getting shorter the longer we went on. Night had already fallen and we found a good place to camp for the night: a small half cave on the side of what you could almost call a mountain.

We're in Redmage so we've been hoping for no more surprises from my people. With her awake and fighting me most of the time and getting slowed by us both being shot, it took longer to make it back. It'll take even longer to find her people but if we were lucky, we should be able to see them in the next day or so.

"I told you I knew how to start a fire, asshole." Briar stands up and smacks my arm in victory. She grabs my chin and comes close to my face, but doesn't let me kiss her, and looks at me innocently. "Don't doubt me next time." She lets go of my face and pats my cheek, turning back to the fire and looks into it deeply.

I laugh, "Fair enough. But uh- Briar?"

"Hm?" She hums, staring into the fire.

"Look at me like that again and I won't be able to stop what happens next."

That snaps her out of her daze. Her head whips towards me, a look of shock on her face before she grins. I'd love to wipe it off her face.