Chapter 39, FLYNN AND BRIAR

"Hand me your knife."

I smirk without bothering to hide it when I see Grey's face go white.

I stalk up behind her and hand her the knife by the blade, she takes the hilt pointing towards her in her hands.

She looks at it before looking back to me and raising a brow.

"I forgot to give it back to you when I learned I could trust you." I shrug.

She rolls her eyes and looks back to Grey. Briar drags the knife down his neck, then stops at the collar of his shirt. She pulls it towards her before ripping the shirt down the middle with her knife.

Grey seems afraid but doesn't look away from Briar, even as his breathing gets heavier.

Pointing the knife to the spot on his chest, just under his collarbone, she presses the point of the blade into his skin. It sinks in and blood oozes out.

He groans, trying to hold in the sound of pain as Briar had done when he tortured her.

Instead of slowly pulling it out as he did to her, she yanks it back, causing more of his skin to tear, and without waiting another second she moves to the other side and does the same.

That's when he lets out a scream.

Briar once more goes back to the first injury and repeats the movements.

Once she's content with the amount of blood, Briar hums and stares at her knife. "I still don't see why you get off on this but it is quite enjoyable watching you suffer."

I snort a laugh and and shake my head at her.

"You two are fucking weird." Grey spits, eyes darting between the two of us.

"You started this." Briar starts, no longer sarcastic. "Remember that? When you massacred my people and murdered my friends?" Her voice gets louder, angrier. "This is just you getting what's owed."

Briar sends a hard smack across his face then gets on top of him as he hits the ground.

That's my girl.

BRIAR
___________________________________

"Why'd you do it?" I ask, anger causing my voice to shake.

Grey just lies there, breathing heavy.

"Bastard! Why'd you do it?!" I shout, grabbing his hair in my hand and holding my knife up to his swollen neck. My throat hurts with every shout and each word comes out a rasp.

I feel Flynns presence closer behind me but he doesn't stop me.

Grey chuckles as he stares up at me with bloodshot eyes. "You have a lust for sex and love, but me?" He stops, looking between Flynn and I. "Me? I have a lust for death and pain. Torture and screams. So you wanna know why I killed them?" He pushes his neck further into my knife, his head closer to mine. "Because I wanted to. There was no aim, no particular reason or anything that they did. I wanted to."

Without thinking, I grab his hand and lay it out flat on the ground. Kneeling on his wrist so he can't pull away, I raise my knife over my head and slam it down onto his splayed fingers.

Grey lets out a blood-curdling scream as his fingers detach from his hand.

"You fucking bitch!" He spits.