Chapter 38, FLYNN

Briar quickly fell back asleep on my lap. I need to burn the other bodies so I carefully lift her off my lap and lay her back into the nest of pillows. I brush the hair out of her face before kissing her forehead again.

I look down to check the wounds on her chest and the stitches seem to be holding. I look back to her throat and almost wince at the sight of it.

I can see his hand print on her neck, purple and red, swollen. I clench my fists.

He fucking touched her.

I swore I wouldn't let anyone else lay a hand on her.

But Grey did.

And he strangled her.

Stabbed her.

Tortured her.

Nearly fucking killed her.

I'm even close to done with him yet.

I want to hurt him. Stab him, torture him. The way he did Briar.

I frown at the thought of him still breathing.

When Briar stabbed his throat, she didn't go as far as I had initially thought she would. She stabbed him just enough to hurt, he coughed up blood, wasn't conscious or able to speak for a while even after I patched him up at Briars command.

And when she decides he doesn't get to live anymore, it's her kill.

<><>

The smell of burning bodies is probably one of the worst things you can imagine.

It burns into your nose, you can feel it in your brain. The reek of it sticks in your head for a long, long while.

"So this is your version of torture?" Grey speaks up, kneeling on the ground beside me as we watch the bodies burn into ashes. "Setting my people on fire and making me watch as the smoke from their bodies turn into clouds?"

"No." I say simply, still staring into the flaming pit. "You'll see what my version of torture is when we're done here. I assure you." I put my hand over my heart and look at him in a a way that promises pain.

He mocks a smile before looking back at the fire. "When can we get on with this?"

"Really? You're that eager to get on with what's bound to be anything but a painless death?" I question.

"No, if we get on with this you won't have to kill me. I'll answer willingly as long as I get to live." He pleads.

I almost laugh but decide to let him get his hopes up.

"Okay. How many of there are you?"

"Over a dozen."

"I need a precise number."

"63 more of us, myself not included. There were initially 67 but seeing as you killed 4 of them..." he trails off.

That's well over a dozen. I scoff; coward.

"How many of them are trained?"

"63." He smirks.

"How far away?"

"49 miles east. That way." He nods his head in the direction.

"Will they come after you?"

"Well... seeing as I'm their leader and all..." he bobs his head back and forth, "probably."

"How long would it take for them to come for you?"

"A week, tops."

"Why would you come all the way out here, murder Briars people, leave, and then come back just for Briar and I?"

"We're desperate."

The back of my hand hits his cheek and his head tosses to the side. He spits out blood before looking back up at me. "Not an answer. Why." I ask again.

"Honestly?" I squint my eyes at him, making a look saying, as if I'd want you to lie. "Fine. It's because I enjoy the thrill of the hunt." He smiles. "We stalked you for weeks and you had no idea." He laughs at me. "We watched you sleep, eat, and do animalistic things every now and then." He laughs until he finally sighs and looks down.

I clench my fists hard at my side.

"Oh, you didn't like that? Well I very much enjoyed seeing your girlfriend naked."

I throw a punch across his cheek so hard he slams to the ground, face first since he's unable to stop himself with his tied hands.

I straddle over him and flip him over by the shirt. I hit him. Again, again and again until his face is nearly unrecognizable.

That's when I wrap both hands around his throat and press into it as I feel bone crunching.

His face starts becoming blue and I can't help but want to kill him. Can't help but want to watch the life leave his eyes.

"Flynn." Briars hoarse voice catches me off guard and I slip off of Grey and stand up.

I walk over to her, worried. She looks pale and sickly, her throat the only thing that has color. "What are you doing? You shouldn't be here, you need to be lying down." I cup her face in my hand and brush her hair away from her eyes.

"I smelt the bodies from our room. I wanted to see if Grey was one of them since I left you alone with him without thinking." She smiles softly.

"I wouldn't do that to you. I wouldn't kill him like I did Kai. This kill is yours."

"Really? Because it looks like you got damn near close to crushing his windpipe." She counters.

I sigh and look down. "I know. I'm sorry. He—" "I heard what he said." She cuts me off.

I snap my head back up to her and find nothing but rage in her eyes.

"You said it's my decision right?" She checks. "When he dies it's my choice?"

"Yes." I breathe.

"Good." She brushes past me and walks towards him weakly before squatting down beside a gasping Grey. "Hand me your knife"

________________

I just got back from my trip and now I'm sick.

It was fun up until the last 2 days when half of us started feeling sickkk. Not fun. 10/10 would NOT recommend

Anyway thanks for being patient with my random chapter publishing and I hope y'all enjoy this chapter !!

Love y'all and thanks for reading <3