{Prologue}

Their eyes looked cautiously at the male in from the of them, anxiety brewing deep in their blood as his hand held his chin in a thoughtful manner.

His eyes scanned the young slayer before looking up towards the sky. He tapped his pointer finger against his right cheek slowly. A nervous sweat broke out on the slayer as the Hashira in-front of them took his time coming to a decision.

They shuffled their feet, and twiddled their
fingers in anticipation of what the older male would say.

Would he say no?
Would he think they were good enough?
Would he even respond to them?

Oh, the agony of waiting for the reaction of a superior. The want to be superior far outgrew the want to just survive. They don't want to just get away, they want to win, to protect.

They were shaken immediately from their thoughts as the Hashira's hand came down and rested in the relaxed position of his crossed arms. He cape flowed gently in the wind, the sun caressing every flicker of flame that was his hair. His eyes shown with concealed excitement. The small thoughtful frown curved into a wide smile as he stared down at the slayer before him. Your eyes widened. 

"I accept your proposition to be my Tsuguko, young (L/N)."