SURPRISE! {Entertainment District Arc // Chapter 12}

(Note: I've estimated that there will be about two more chapters in this arc! I'm actually really excited for this Arc to be over, as after this I will be able to make up a large portion of the story, as Reader will not be present in the Swordsmith Village Arc! That fight still happens within the story, but I will not be writing about it.)

Both you and Tanjirou strained to cut off Gyutarou's head. It was a glimmer of hope, a spark in your chest.

Disdain flooded your body as Gyutarou's legs regenerated. "It wasn't enough time! We were so close, why???" Tengen's eyes widened with shock. Gyutarou grinned, "Man, that poison sure packed a punch but now it's my turn!" Red blood blades materialized over his skin and encased his arms in swift rotating blades. "Blood Demon Art: Rotating Circular Slashes: Flying blood scythes!" You choked slightly and twisted your body while jamming your sword into the ground. "I- Damnit, if I had gone any further, I would have been torn to shreds." You struggled to catch your breath, frightened by the near-death experience. You rolled out of the way before crouching and watched as Tengen kicked Tanjirou behind him. He grabbed his blades pulling the chain taught, before spinning them around him. "Sound Breathing: Fourth Form: Constant Resounding Slashes!!!" He spun his blades repeatedly, effectively deflecting all of Gyutarou's slashes. Dust and loud grunting attacked your senses and you squeezed your eyes shut. Your eyes shot open as the tingling in your skin moved on the backside of your body. "Wait, it moved?" You looked around swiftly as the dust infiltrated your ability to see. "He's somewhere behind me, I can feel him. But he's not close to me? Where is he? WHERE IS HE?" "He moved, Tengen-sama! I felt him." Tengen stopped as the dust settled down to reveal Gyutarou's former place to be empty. Tengen looked around quickly. "Tengen-Sama, watch out!" Hinatsuru's voice cried from the rooftop. Feeling the approaching belts, you scrambled into position. Flame Breathing: Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation!!!" You spun your blade rapidly, generating immense heat and spiraling flames. Your blade cut through most of the belts while Tengen skillfully dodged the rest. "Hinatsuru!" The women nodded at him, "I'll grab that belts attention! Don't mind me, I'll take care of her. You find that dem- mmph.." A slap echoed around the alley as your eyes snapped open with shock. Gyutarou held Hinatsuru by the mouth, his face twisted in frustration. "HINATSURU!!" Tengen screeched, his face full of concern. Gyutarou had said some thing to the woman. You couldn't hear anything over the blood rushing in your ears.

The belts wrapped around you and Tengen tightening into a ball. You looked around panicked. Your breathing quickening. "I have to get my breathing under-control. I can't help if i'm stuggling to breathe." You glanced over at Tengen. His eyes were wide with fear. "In and out, In and out." Kyoujurou's voice flashed in your head and you melted at the sound. "I miss you so much, Kyoujurou. We'll make it out of this. I'll make it out of this. If not for me, than for you, for Suma and Makio, for the Corp!!" The thought comforted you and your adrenaline spiked. Tengen's face filled with rage, "Duck Quickly!" You crouched down as he slashed at the belts with both of his arms. They fell limp before being pulled back to their owner.

" LEAVE HER ALOOONE!!" Uzui screeched again. The sheer power of his voice caused your ears to tickle and you cringed from the feeling. You recentered your focus and sprung from your spot, racing towards the demon. Uzui followed suit, much faster than you. However, Tanjirou was on the case quickly. He performed a quick move cutting Gyutaro's arm off quickly while grabbing Hinatsuru and landing a few feet away from the demon. Both Tanjiro and the wife looked in bad shape and Tanjiro coughed a couple times. "This fight is taking so long and Tanjiro already needs to back out, He's going to hurt himself more than he already is. We need to finish this and quickly.." You grimaced as you landed on the roof behind the trio, meeting Uzui in the spot. He was watching with wide eyes as the demon glanced at his arms in shock and anger. Gyutaro turned to look at us momentarily before turning back to Tanjiro and Hinatsuru. The demon lunged for them and Tanjiro readied himself as Uzui shot forward as well. I watched with baited breath ready to rush in if anything went awry. Both swordsmen swung their swords to behead them demon.

Your heart sank as the demon stopped their attacks with his hands, laughing and taunting them. Tengen pulled back his sword and thrusted it forward. Gyutaro's head spun all the way around in a sickening way as he held the sword in his mouth. You moved to jump in, cursing yourself for watching. Gyutaro smiled as red streams began to circulate from his shoulders as he once again did his blood demon art. Uzui grunted and used his sword to throw him and Gyutaro back down into the alley. With no hesitation and lightning speed, you jumped down into the alley behind them. Before you can land, you're thrown back by the force of Gyutaro's move. You grunt as the red blades leave deep cuts in your face and arms, a searing pain following them. Tumbling over the ground, you ignore the shake in your arms and legs and lift yourself up from the ground. The sounds of metallic clanks and grunts filled your ears as you look up to see Tengen and Gyutaro fighting once again. You growl at your uselessness and shoot forward jumping to the fight beside Uzui.

Gyutaro scowls as he watches you jump in and you pay no mind to it. You kept attacking and evading his attacks as you gauge the success of the boys on the rooftops above you. Blocking Gyutaro's blade, you jump back and look up in time to see Inosuke successfully cut off Daki's head and take off in the opposite direction with it. You smiled and notice Gyutaro's gaze locked on Inosuke's form, anger filling his eyes as he aggressively turns back to Tengen. You shoot back into the fight, dodging his blades as you get closer to him. His eyes fall on you and he grins sadistically. "Flame Breathing: Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun." You shoot forward and swing your blade up swiftly, he leans back and retaliates immediately by swinging his foot around and kicking you in the stomach. "Oh, fuck." You fly backwards hitting the wall with such speed you black out.

(Heyyyyy, guys lol. Long time no see. Im in my CoryxKenshin era once again. But he posted a new video today so... Also Season 3 episode 3 came out today! I really really want to get past this arc so bad, so I can get into more original writing. But we'll see how it goes. Im going to try to write everything else within this arc in the next chapter. Also 3/4ths of this chapter has been sitting in my drafts for atleast 2 months so uhm oops. but don't give up on me, because im not giving up on this book! See yall next time..... or will I? hehehe.)

(Not proofread)