{Entertainment District Arc // Chapter 13}

Your head pounded with excruciating pain as you slowly regain consciousness. Confusion laced your mind as your eyes opened, struggling to adjust to the scene before you. Clenching your teeth, you slowly get to your knees, limbs shaking in pain and exhuastion. "What happened? Where am i?" You look around as your blurry vision begins to clear. Destruction. Sparks flew in the air as small fires burned in every direction. The once stable and protected buildings were now crumbled to the ground. "W-what? NO! W-whats going on? Where's Uzu..." You looked around in confusion before your eyes rested on man infront of you. Instantly, bile rushed to your throat as you took in Uzui's collapsed form on the ground infront of you. Panic laced your blood as your eyes scanned over his body, noticing the purple marks and his.... dismembered hand. Immediately, you scrambled over to his body and began checking his pulse. Blood pooled out from his wrist, and you ignored it as you shakily placed your fingers to his neck. There was next to no pulse. 

Your heart dropped as you scrambled to grab the mans mangled arm. Ripping your haori into two pieces, you tied one around his upper arm tightly and the other over his bloody wrist. You could feel the tingling in your skin all around you. "The demons are still alive. What the fuck happened while I was out? FUCK, WHY DID I LET MYSELF GET KNOCKED OUT?!" Your mind raged as you grabbed the man under his arms and began to drag him to an area away from the open air. Tears of frustration welled in your eyes at the strain of carrying Tengen's dead weight. Your legs shook as you hauled him to a shaded dent in the crumbled building behind you. Laying him down, you check over him once more before the crushing reality of your situation dawned on you. "Oh, fuck. Oh, fuck. Tengen is out, I dont know where the kids are. This is all my fault. This is all my fault. We're gonna die. We're gonna fucking die." You began to sob quietly as you looked down at the hashira before you. "Kyojurou, Kyojurou, please. Please. I need you, I dont know what to do. Im sorry I cant...." Your breathing sped up as panic overwhelmed you and tears began to freely fall from your eyes. "I cant... i cant... i dont know what to do. Im useless. What do i do? What do i do?" 

"Focus on your breathing, (Y/N)." Kyojurou's voice echoed in your mind. Your eyes widened as you looked around. "No, hes not here. It's a memory of one of our talks." You closed your eyes and turned all your attention to your breathing. "Being scared and panicking is a normal part of this job. What's important is that we do our best to move past it. So, calm your breathing and think. What do we do now?" Your eyes opened as your breathing slowed down to little gasps of shaky breaths. You look down at Tengen, he may not be able to hear you but you still needed to talk to someone. Anyone. "It's okay Tengen. It's gonna be okay. I'm going to find the boys, and then I will send for help. Just hang in there." You got up slowly, as your legs screamed in protest. Stumbling a bit, you ran out of the alley and jump onto the nearest pile of rubble. Looking around, you note the rubble and try to focus on the tingling of your skin. There was the overwhelming burn of demon but under neath, was the softer, cooler sting of human. You jumped down and head west of Tengen. Stopping you look to the right and notice Inosuke and Zenitsu. The yellow-haired boy was trapped under the debris as he scrambled to get out. Inosuke was in much worse shape. He was covered in blood and purple splotches marked his skin. You suck in a breath and speed over to him. Checking his pulse, you find it somewhat strong. "Inosuke, Its me (Y/N). You're okay, Im gonna get you some help, okay?" You felt useless, as you left his side and ran over to Zenitsu kneeling beside him. "Zenitsu, Zenitsu. It's me (Y/N). Im gonna.." 

The burning in your skin became almost too much to bear as you snapped your head to the left. Tanjirou! Gyutaro stood over him as he looked down a the boy. He was alive! "Zentisu. Listen to me. I will be back okay? I have to help Tanjirou." I stand from my position beside him and draw my sword. Adjusting my breathing, I let it flow over my body as I shoot towards the pair in a funnel of flames. Fast as a raging forest fire, I barrel at them and cut clean through Gytarou's filthy hands. He looks at me in surprise as Tanjirou's eyes fill with tears. I land a few feet from them as Gyutarou begins chuckling. "You're still alive are you? I though for sure I had killed you back there. My mistake." You look up and noticed Daki sitting on the roof above you a smug smirk on her face. "Brother, when you kill them, dont eat them. I want to. They have a face of beauty." You scoff as you take a fighting stance. "Shut the fuck up, you ugly-ass demons." You get into form, as you raced towards Gyutarou. You would absolutely die, but if it meant saving the others, you would absolutely do it. 

Gyutarou laughs as he barrels to you. You fall to your butt as you slide under his legs, before rolling over on your stomach and standing up as quick as a second. Swinging your sword, you jump into the air, aiming your blade for a downwards strike. Gyutarou aims his sickle up towards you as you flip your body and swing your sword up catching his blade by the curve and furiously snatching it over you head. The blade flew across the alley at the strength of your strike. He gave you a furious look as he immediately swung his other blade and you jumped back, hissing as it cut across your thigh. You ignored it and jumped back into the fight. Spinning the blade in your hands, you stand before him with a smirk.

"Is that all you got?" He smirks back and regrows another sickle. Lunging forward, you both shoot forward engaging in a ball of red strikes and flames as you fought each other. You slashed his limbs as you fought across the alley. Recieving cuts left and right, you push through the pain and pursue him. "ENOUGH OF THIS!" He growled and with a lightning speed, he crossed his arms and slashed out, catching you in the act. The move tore through your upper chest and down your arms. Blood poured out as you stumbled back from the hit. "Its just a deep cut. My bones aren't broken. Get up. GET UP!" You struggle to your feet and fall back, barely dodging a slash of his sickles. Falling onto your butt, you look up in anger and resolve as he kicks you into the rubble. "I've got to work on this shit. The amount of times I've been kicked is insane." Looking up, your vision blurs as you lock eyes with the demon. 

"You know, usually, I would kill you right now. But you just look so pretty when you're struggling like this. I think I'd rather just watch you die." You scoffed up at him with hatred, "You think Im pretty?" You're eyes rolled to the back of your head as you passed out. 

Darkness. Screaming. Pain. 

Fire seared through your veins as your hearing returned. You couldn't see. A voice, two, three! Uzui. Tanjirou. The demons. Zenitsu. Inosuke. 

Your eyelids were heavy. Your stomach felt sick, and you threw up. Blood everywhere. Dizziness. More screaming. Uzui? 

An explosion.

A silent scream as cuts littered your body. Breathing getting harder.

Opening your eyes, your vision was blurry and double. You threw up again, blood. Blood everywhere. "Help." Voice hoarse and quiet. "Please..." 

 Your body was going numb, you're hearing faltered in and out. You're vision darkening as you closed your eyes. Letting go. 

"Im dying. This is how it feels, right? Being soaked in blood and vomit. Pain searing my body. I wonder if this is how it felt for him. My father." 

".../n)." 

"My name?" The voice came again louder, "(Y/N)!" You opened your eyes. Your vision was blurry and white. The silhouette of a man in the distance. "(Y/N)?!" Panic laced in his voice. Your eyesight clears slightly before it blurs again. "Kyojurou..." 

"(Y/N)?! Where are you? Please, answer me!!" "KYOJUROU!" You begin to stand, your legs giving out as you fall onto your chest, dirt mixing with your wounds. "Kyojurou..." You mumble, quietly. Your voice sounded strange. "Kyojurou!" Your throat burned as the words felt like fire in your throat. "Help me, Kyojurou..." His silhouette drew closer and you could see the flames of his hair. "KYOJUROU!" Your voice cracked as you screamed. He sped up, running over to you and dropping to his knees infront of you.

"Oh my gods, oh no. (Y/N)?" You shakily held out your hands for him to grab. He skips your hands and pulls you into his lap. "Hey, its okay. Its okay. Im gonna get you out of here, okay?" "Kyo.." "Shhh, it's okay I got you." He lifts you into his arms as voices near the two of you. "A-are the demons dead? Did we do it?" He frowns at you before nodding. "Yes, they're dead, but you need help right away." Tears of relief wash over you as you smile, "Thank Goodness, good..." Your voice trails off as your eyes close and you go limp in his arms.

(Awfully rushed chapter, but i needed to post something and i really wanted to get this Arc over with! Hope yall enjoyed :) (book is not over)

(Not proofread)