{Mugen Train Arc // 2}

A bitter presence enveloped your being. Your hand shook over your blade. Sure, you had defeated many demons, it still didn't make any encounter less horrifying. The thought that maybe this time death would catch you. It's always on your tail, you're quite surprised it hasn't already caught you. At this point, you were dancing with death and one wrong move would have you permanently terminated. You shook your head, "Now isn't the time to get sucked into morbid poetics, (Y/N). You need to focus on the task at hand there's a demon that must be slayed." Tanjiro's face soured and you knew he must've realized the demon was there. Quickly, Kyojuro stood with a wide gesture. "Step back, Mr. Conductor. You could get hurt. As this is an emergency, please overlook the fact that I have a blade." He stood smiling with his hand clutching the grip of his blade.

The lights flickered.

Suddenly, a demon appeared standing over the seats and the other passengers. You gasped and Zenitsu whimpered quite loudly. Feeling the air heat up, your eyes widen as you glance over to the hashira. Smiling, you watch as the man approaches the creature. "Was it a blood demon art that hid that enormous body? I had a hard time detecting you," Kyojuro smiled at the demon. Drawing his sword, the temperature heats up once again and your smile becomes impossibly wider. "But if you bare your fangs at innocent people, My bright red flame blade will burn you to the bone."

The demon simply roared in response. Drawing his arms back, he gets into a lunge-like stance, "Flame Breathing First Form...." The demon jumps forward as Kyojuro shoots towards him. Seemingly, teleporting behind the demon, he swings his blade and decapitated the demon with an explosion of heat and brilliance, "Unknowing Fire." You cheer as he bursts through the other door, throwing a look over his shoulder that made your face heat up. The demon seems to float overhead before exploding into splashes of blood.

You chuckle as the three young slayers marveled over your mentor. Sensing another demon, you stand abruptly and rush to join Kyojuro. He smiles at you before turning, "There's one more, come with me." He turns and rushes out of the room with you following close behind, the boys trailing behind.

Running through the train carts, the presence of the second demon became all the more clearer. Ahead of you, Kyojuro burst into a cart, you and the boys pushing in behind him. The cart that held the demon. He stood in the aisle as people rush around the 5 of you to get away from the demon destroying the seats. Noticing a person trapped with the demon, you gasp. "Rengoku-san there is a person stuck over there." He nodded at you, "Yes, (L/N)-san. I see him." He calls to the demon, gaining its attention, " You will not lay a finger on that man." The demon looks over its shoulder. Both Tanjiro and Inosuke rush in front of Kyojuro. Kyojuro's voice lowers slightly, "Didnt you hear me? I said I am your opponent." You stand beside Tanjiro ready to stop the two if they decided to attack.

"Alright, First come first served." Inosuke rushes forward and you and Tanjiro call out in distress. "We have to save the passenger first." He jumps into the air, "It wont matter once I destroy that thing." The demon's arms swung around Inosuke, causing him to sloppily block and dodge, leaving him suspended in mid-air up for grabs. You cried out, "Inosuke!" Your mentor shot forward and grabbed the pigheaded boy. Bouncing off the seats, he drops Inosuke away from the demon before shooting back towards the demon. Kyojuro weaves around the arms of the demon and grabs the passenger before setting him by the three of you. "Go on, you'll be safe in the back of the train." "Okay, were good to go, lets take care of it in short order," Kyojuro and the demon lunge toward each other. "Flame Breathing Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun." He throws his arms up in an uppercut motion detaching the demon's head from its body.

You smile and let out a breath of relief. The demon thrashes around before falling to the ground dead. In the silence, you perk up at Tanjiro stuttering. "Tha... Tha... THAT WAS AWESOME, BRO. TALK ABOUT BRILLIANT SWORD SKILLS, MAN, " His hand shot in front of him in a fist. You let out a loud laugh, "He's literally the best. My favorite." You gave the Hashira a soft smile. The three boys jumped up and begged him to train them. He agreed and they began to cheer as he laughed at their antics. You smile and laugh with him, happy to see everyone in good moods. Stepping towards the hashira, you smile widely. "You never cease to amaze me, Kyojuro." You whisper. He smiles softly, "Even though you've seen my moves so many times?" You laugh, "Every time is different, you never stop growing. You never stop improving, and each time is better than the last. It's impressive." His eyes widen before he brings you into his embrace. "You are so amazing, my little flame." You blush and return his embrace. You chuckle as you feel three more bodies pile on. Zenitsu and Tanjiro joined in. Poor Inosuke was stuck in the middle writhing like a worm while grunting angrily. You sighed, "I wish we could stay like this forever. If the rest of the mission goes off like this, we'll be headed home soon." You nuzzle your head into his shoulder.

The lights flicker before turning off.