{Calm before the storm Arc // 3}

You stared blankly at your bowl of Miso Soup, lost deeply in your thoughts. You had yet to touch your grilled salmon or your rice. Taking an absent bite of your soup, your mind continued to go over the events of the night before. Last night was... interesting to say. You enjoyed it thoroughly, being able to spend such personal time with the older male made your heart sigh in happiness. Your mind wandered to the way it felt to be held by him, the way his hands wrapped carefully and gently around your body, the way he spun you around before putting you down. It was almost romantic.

You mentally slapped yourself, it would never be that way. He would never look at you like that. Still your mind could not help it's torturous daydream as you thought about how it would be to hold his hand, how it would be to court him, to marry him even. Your face slowly grew warm as you thought about your dream. Your dropped your soup spoon and brought your hands to your face.  Shaking your head and sighing, you begin to eat the rest of your breakfast, enjoying the salty flavor of the salmon.

You were taking your last bite of the tasty fish when a certain flame haired male stopped beside you. "Good Morning, (L/N)-san. I hope you are having a good day so far and an even better breakfast. I do hope that you will excuse me for I have a meeting with my fellow hashira this morning. While I am away, I encourage you to do basic trainings, such as breathing forms and stretches, " He explained with a small smile. You looked up at him with a mouth full of salmon and a blush on your face. "So cute!!!" His smile widened. You struggled to swallow a bit before you finally opened your mouth. "Good Morning, Rengoku-Sensei, I was just finishing up. Whoever made this breakfast deserves nothing but the best in this world, it was simply TASTY!" Your voice growing louder much like the man beside you. He let out a hearty laugh, "You are correct, My Tsukugo!" You nodded enthusiastically, "I look forward to training when you get back! As for now, I shall get ready for my basic trainings."  He nodded his head and began walking away, "I will see you soon, (L/N)-San." You smiled and put your tray and dishes away, sometimes you felt bad about making the kakushi and Senjuro clean up your messes, but the two brothers assured you that was their jobs. It didn't help.

.

After changing into your regular training attire you head out to the court yard to begin your stretches. During your warmup your mind wandered to the meeting. You were always so curious when it came to the information discussed at the meetings, but who wouldn't be? You continued your stretches before eventually moving to your breathing forms. You were still trying to master Total Concentration Breathing. After a bit of that, you began to grow frustrated with what seemed to be your lack of progress. Hissing, you stomp inside to try to find Senjuro. Roaming through the halls of the estate you pass by Shinjuros room, stopping you listen for any noise. Hearing only snores, you continue through the house before you began to hear the shuffling of a broom. That had to be him.

Peeking your head into the room, you spot the young boy. He looks up at you and smiles. "Hello, (Y/N)," He greeted softly, "Do you need something?" You nodded softly, "Senjuro, does your brother or father happen to have any training manikins?" He looked slightly confused as he turned his head to the side. You internally squealed. "I know father has some, I am not sure about brother though, I can go ask father if you could use one." You stiffened up. "I will not allow him to be yelled at due to my inconvenience." You smiled brightly, "Nonsense, Senjuro. I will do it myself." He seemed taken aback and slightly uneasy. "Are you sure? I can do it." You smiled again, "Of course! I shall do it." Senjuro nodded reluctantly. You nodded back and walked back to the room of the former hashira.

  You hands began to shake as soon as you left the room and your face settled into a frown. You were terrified of the man. "I was really hoping Rengoku-Sensei would have one." You found the males door and listened into the room. If he was still sleeping you would leave and come back later, unfortunately for you, you heard the clink of a bottle being settled down before a sigh. Cursing softly, you knock silently, waiting for an answer. All that came was a gruntled "come in." You slide the door open and walk quietly in the room.  Kneeling behind the man, you bow as if he could see you. "Good Morning, Rengoku-Sama. I've come to ask for a training manakin so that I may continue to practice my hand-to hand combat." You dreaded the response, since he was known to be quite the jerk. "Why do you need a fucking training manakin? Is Kyojuro actually teaching you hand-to-hand combat?"

You grit your teeth at the way he said his son's name. "Ah, No, Rengoku-Sama. I have been able to do hand-to-hand combat since I was small, my late father taught me," You sigh softly. To your surprise, his head raises and he nods slightly. Grunting, he pointed at a manakin in the corner of his room, "Take it, and don't break it or I'll break your fingers." You sweatdropped and smiled nervously, bowing once again, you returned to your feet. "I will do good to not harm it in any way." The man did not respond. You grabbed the manakin and walked to the door, turning your head, you smile slightly, "Thank you, Rengoku-Sama." He grunted, "Yeah, Yeah, when you bring it back, go ahead and bring me more sake." You rolled your eyes and left the room. "That went much better than I thought it would."

.

You had been practicing your combat for about 45 minutes when Rengoku Kyojuro made his appearance. "Hello, my dear Tsukugo! How are you this afternoon?" You smiled and bowed to him, "I've been good Rengoku-Sensei. I got some hand-to-hand combat training in!" He seemed surprised. "AH, that is simply amazing my young friend. I suppose you got this manakin from father." His face fell slightly. You began to panic slightly before scrunching your eyes and shouting, "I missed you! I'm very happy that you have returned." Your face exploded into a blush as you realized what you said. He laughed and rubbed your head. "I missed you too. My sweet Tsukugo." You blushed and looked down. Silence. A bit of time passed and you looked up. Rengoku stood over you, his face close to yours and he smiled softly down at you, eyes half-lidded. Your eyes widened and you stared up at him. Some more time had passed before a sound snapped the two of you back to reality. Your eyes snapped over to the young boy who just cleared his throat. A blush on his face.

"I-im sorry, I just came to tell you that lunch is ready," Senjuro bowed his head embarrassingly. Rengoku laughed nervously and smiled at the boy. Your ears perked up at the sound of Rengoku being nervous. It was cute. Smiling, you excuse yourself. "I will join you two in a bit, I must take this manakin to Rengoku-Sama." Grabbing the manakin, you stop by the kitchen to grab a bottle of sake. "Better not forget this." Knocking quietly, you open the door. Setting the manakin in the corner, you made sure to keep quiet as you grabbed the empty bottle of sake by the sleeping man's head and replaced it with the full bottle. He mumbled in his sleep, "Ruka...Kyojuro...Senjuro...." You widened your eyes and made quick haste to leave the room. As you reached the door you heard him mumble one more time, "(Y/N).." You stood shocked, before smiling softly and leaving the room.

( Hey, Guys! I must apologize. I am not sure how long these chapters seem to yall, but they seem quite short to me, so I am sorry if they are short. I'm really busy recently, my college classes are killing me haha. Anyways, I will update again soon. Hopefully. <3)