{Entertainment District Arc // Chapter 4}

The walk took only a few hours and you were able to make it to the red light district by sundown. Your heart felt as though it would beat right out of your chest. You knew the things that happened here and the responsibilities your future position would intell. Ducking your eyes to the ground, you feel the hair on the back of your neck stand up as you feel the various stares and mumbles on your form.

Tengen looked down at you and pulled you closer to him, "They're staring at you because you have a wonderfully structured face, my dear." Your lips draw into a thin line and you look up at him with a doubtful expression. He chuckles and looks ahead of you.

The five of you sat a small room as Uzui explained the mission and that he had three wives. He followed by punching Zenitsu in the stomach for yelling at him about his wives and shortly after Inosuke shared the same feat. You and Tanjirou gave each other a nervous glance and focused your attention on the Hashira infront of you.

"Long story short, you will be going undercover as workers in these houses, in which you will gather information about my wives and the demon that works here." You all looked at each other before glancing at him. He gave you a mischievous smile as the shoji door opened and three people entered holding a box of kimonos, makeup and accessories. You sighed and pulled out your notebook.

While the other boys were getting their makeover, you began to write a letter to Kyojurou.

Dear Kyojurou,

We've made it here, and let me tell you. It's amazing. The lights are so bright and the smells in the air are wonderful. Most of them anyways.  The shops and streets are always busy and there are so many people everywhere. It's so wonderful. So many beautiful people. Someone like me could get lost in this sea of beauty. Tengen says I am twice as beautiful as everyone here and thats why i get many stares, but of course, i don't believe him. We have to help him find his wives, Ill give more details later. I hope to see you soon.

- (Y/N)

You chose to leave out the majority of the mission because you didn't want him to worry. As you signed your name at the bottom, the people made their way to you and you frowned.

You scratched your neck as you pulled the collar of the kimono. You had worn kimonos before but you felt as though you'd never actually get used to the number of layers. Though you weren't quite comfortable in it, you had to admit that it was beautiful. It was your favorite color and had small flames on it. Tengen flashed a smile and simply commented, "A bold and beautiful kimono for a bold and beautiful person."

He was laying it on pretty thick, you rolled your eyes.

Shortly after you had all gotten into "costume," you took to the streets to get hired. Tanjirou was the first to go, and then Inosuke. You and Zenitsu looked at a h other and the two males looked at you with confused expression. You shrugged. Finally, Tengen finally convinced the head of the  Kyogoku house to take the two of you. She put up no fight for you but seemed a little hesitant to take Zenitsu. You're thankful that she did, you didnt feel like being alone.

Finally, the two of you moved in and began your daily duties and you learned with delight that Zenitsu was particularly good at the Shamisen and koto. You enjoyed listening to him and he ways played with a err, fiery passion. You laughed at his pissed expression while you smoothed your kimono. You had since washed your face of the ridiculous makeup. The woman who had brought here was ecstatic as soon as she saw your naked face. She made such a big deal of it, your face bright red in embarrassment at her admiring words.

You wondered how Inosuke and Tanjirou were faring. You hoped that they hadn't encountered any danger and were still focusing on their mission. Speaking of your mission, you and Zenitsu were currently walking the halls of house Kyogoku, and he was using his "super hearing" to find clues. You walked behind him, idly looking around and your skin tingled as the air felt extremely heavy suddenly. Soon you bumped into Zenitsu's back. Looking a head in shock, your eyebrows furor as Zenitsu looks around wildly before dashing off. You quickly followed behind and stopped when the two of you came across a messy room. Zenitsu ran in and you followed slowly behind. A small girl sat in the center of the room, crying her poor eyes out. You tilt your head as she screamed and Zenitsu crouched to calm her own.  You close your eyes and try to rid yourself of the awful tingling feeling in your skin but it persisted.

Your eyes snap open in fear. Behind you, an insanely heavy presence filled your senses as someone stepped into the room. You side-eyed Zenitsu and he looked back at you, terrified, Your throat closed up as a sharp female voice spoke up, "What are you doing in my room?" You and Zenitsu continued to look at each other without responding. The woman scoffed, "What, are you deaf??" You had felt the presence before, you knew it was a demon. The intensity of your tingling skin told you it was a powerful demon, perhaps even an upper moon.

"Oh, Warabihime-our an, those two are new to the house, They only just arrived." Two girls had appeared at the door, but you refused to look behind you. The Oiran. She spoke, "So? What does that matter to me." Turning towards her, Zenitsu spoke up, pleadingly, "Im sorry, I came in on my own, They just followed me. The room was messy and this girl was crying..."

"You're ugly and creepy. Maybe you'd be better off dead, no?"

Anger pulsed through your blood and you bit your tongue. "And what's with that hair color? Are you trying to stand out." Your eyes squeezed closed, and you whirl around quickly. "Actually, her hair is 100% natural, its a bit strange but its not dyed, and she IS NOT looking for attention." You ,over to stand near Zenitsu. He gave you a wide eyed look and your looked away from him. You felt your eyes meet the green ones of the bitchy oiran infront of you. She seemed surprised as her eyes scanned over your face . A sinister look flashed in her eyes. Her mouth settled into a smirk before immediately falling back into a frown. 

Her head snapped back at the blond beside you. "Youre right, this room is a mess. I left with orders for it to be cleaned." Her hand shot forward as she grabbed the little girl by her ear aggressively. "You, stop your yelping and just clean." The little girl screamed and pleaded, "I will. Please forgive me." Like lightning, Zenitsu slapped his hand on Warabihime's arm, clamping down on her wrist tightly. "Please let her go." Warabihime gave him a shocked face before her hand shot forward and hit his face with the speed of lightning. He flew through the wall, clearly unconscious.

You ran over to him worried. Looking back up at the oiran, her yes glared at the two of you and she walked out of the room. You focused back on Zenitsu. You'd have to report your findings to Tengen. You'd found your demon.

(Not reviewed, will review later)