{Calm before the storm Arc // 7.5}

"When do you think you'll be back? I want you to be here when me and Senjuro do the chicken dumpling things, what were they again? OH, Chicken and Dumplings." You helped Kyojuro gather things for his upcoming mission. "Senjuro would also like for you to be here, Hes very excited about the dish." Kyojuro chuckle, "Im sure he is, he's always been so for cooking and trying new things. I'll be back in a few days, a week tops." You smiled and nodded. Moving your hand to your face, you turn your head in thought. "I wonder if they'll send me on a mission while you're gone. I actually haven't been on one in a few days." He hesitated slightly and continued to gather things. "They probably will." Turning, he smiled and laid his hand on your shoulder, "I have every confidence in you if they do. However, I will still tell you to be careful, even the best can be beat." You smiled brightly, "Thank you, Kyojuro." Soon after, he left for his mission to find some Mugen Train. You were slightly worried as you had heard about the train and how dangerous it is. You're sure he'll be alright. Hopefully.

__________

"I'm sorry about the other day, I didn't mean to embarrass you." Giyuu nodded, "It is alright." You smiled brightly, "Alright, Tomioka-san, you're my new best friend." "You can call me Giyuu." You squealed, "On first name basis! GREAT! I'm (Y/N)." He cringed softly, "You really are his tsuguko." You apologized. "Nonetheless, (Y/N) is a very nice name.' His expressionless face softened. You smiled, "Thank you Giyuu, I like your name as well." His lips quirked up slightly, and you almost squealed. You both sat in a comfortable silence. The silence was broken by your Kasugai crow. Your eyes lit up, "Oh!! Giyuu-san! What if it's a mission or a letter from Kyojuro?" He shook his head, "Didn't think you could." You stopped and gave him a confused face, "did not think I could what?" He smirked softly, "Be quiet for more than 3 minutes." You gasped, "Giyuu-saaaaaan. That's really mean," you whined. He snorted and your crow landed on his head. He froze and his eyes widened. You chuckled, "I think my crow likes you, What is it, Crowbar?" Giyuu's eyebrow quirked up.

"You are to join Rengoku Kyojuro on the Mugen Train as soon as possible," Crowbar cawed. You jumped up excitedly, "A mission, Giyuu! How exciting." You gave the man a huge smile, " Ill see you later, Giyuu. Ill write you some letters while im gone, and we'll go hangout when i come back." You and your crow race off in the direction of the flame estate, leaving Giyuu behind with a confused expression, "Crowbar...?"

{Okay, guys so mini chapter before we get into the Mugen Train Arc. I want to speed things up and get into more complex parts. Consider these first few chapters the calm before the storm. It wont be too bad, maybe.}