{Entertainment District Arc // Chapter 2}

After Kyojurou had left your room, you got ready for bed. Filling your travel bag with extra pencils and paper, as well as another set of clothes, (you felt it wouldn't hurt to add more) you set it aside and get into your sleeping clothes. Lying down onto your futon, you stare up at your ceiling. Your mind was racing. From Kyojurou's recent behavior, to the upcoming mission, and then the past mission, your thoughts were jumbled with questions.

The past mission flicks in your mind. Everything that happened, from the dream to the fight, flashed behind your eyes and made a sinking feeling in your stomach. The more you thought, the more you realized you didn't actually know. You recognized the man in your dream and the newly identified demon, Akaza. And. AND. You began to believe that the dream wasn't a dream, and instead a lost memory. The thought made your heart beat quicker.

Because of your racing thoughts, you found it hard to sleep. Trying to quiet the sound, you turn over on your side and squeeze your eyes shut. After a few minutes, you gave up. It was frustrating but maybe a midnight walk would do the trick. Though you suppose, maybe that wouldn't be the best idea, considering Kyojurou's concerns earlier. Thinking about it, you roll your eyes and get out of your futon. He could deal with it.

You actually decided to keep your sleep clothes except for a casual kimono you wore over it. Grabbing your sheathed sword, you shove it inside your kimono and slide on your zori. Lastly, you write a note.

Dear Kyoujurou,

If you see this, it means that you are in my room. Why? I suppose, maybe you're checking in on me. I suppose that's fine. However, you will have noticed that I am not here right now. I assure you that I am simply going on a walk BY MYSELF. Even so, I am adequately protected. You need not worry. I will not be out all night. I will be back before the morning.

(Y/N)

You nodded, "That should be good enough." You set it on the table. Looking around the room, you tiptoe over to your window and quietly step onto the window sill. Digging your hands into the Kudzu vines that grew up the side of the house, you cautiously climb down. You frown as you curse at yourself for choosing a room on the higher story. Finally, you reach the end and jump down. Dusting off the palms of your hand on your uniform, you sigh and begin your walk into the village.

You were grateful for the fact that the Flame Estate was right in the middle of town. You had heard that the other pillars may have been more secluded. Speaking of which, you decided that once you get back from your upcoming mission, you would go see some of the other pillars. You especially wanted to see Mitsuri, Giyuu, and Muichirou. You thought they were especially precious.

Walking along the streets and alleys of the village, you marvel at the lights and buzz of the town's nightlife. People laughed, drank, and ate, and you felt envious of them. Of their ignorance. You knew it wasn't their fault, but you were jealous of the fact that they weren't aware or terrified of what potentially lurked in the dark. Shaking the thought away, you stop by a small vendor selling sweets and pastries. You smile at the young woman in front of you with a slight blush, she was beautiful. You stuck two fingers up and asked for two servings of Taiyaki, one with Anko filling and one with sweet potato. You thought, perhaps, that if you swayed Kyoujurou with food, he wouldn't be so mad at you.

The woman looks at you with kind eyes and hands you the Taiyaki while you exchange currency. She seems to stare at you for a while before opening her mouth to say something and closing it. You tilt your head and give her an encouraging smile, "Is...there something you want to say or ask?" Her face turns bright red and she smiles sheepishly. "I-i just, uhm, you're very pretty." Your eyes widen and your face turns just as red as hers does.

"I- Oh, Thank you so much, you are also very pretty." You give her a large smile and she smiles back at you. The two of you stare at each other before you are interrupted by a man behind you complaining about the line being held up. You chuckled and bid her farewell, slightly sad that you had to leave her. You shook your head and continued along the alleyways, eating your serving of Taiyaki.

Eventually, you had walked all the way to the other end of town, this side quieter. You could see the stars better from here, but to your disappointment, you began to get extremely tired. So, you figured you could star-gaze another time and turned to head back towards the estate. You knew that the probability of something actually happening to you was pretty low, it was in town and you were pretty strong yourself, but you still kept guard. Softly, you walked through the alleys and kept a look out for any kind of threats.

The hair on the back of your neck stood straight up and a chill ran up your spine. You felt something there and you looked around slightly, you did not want whatever it was to know that you knew it was there. Becoming more cautious, you casually put your hand on the hidden hilt of your sword and slightly sped up your walking. The sense of something there persisted as if the thing was following you. Your heartbeat quickened and you tightened your hand, prepared to fight if you needed.

You turned to look behind you slightly, and your body sagged with relief as the feeling faded and your surroundings brightened. Turning, you run straight into the body of a large man. You fell on your bum and looked up at him in shock. The man was beautiful, with silver hair that curled around his face. HIs eyes were gorgeous and you felt yourself become entranced in the colors that resided there. He stood at a frame of more than 6 feet. You became flustered and you wondered how many pretty people you'd meet tonight.

"Oh My... You poor thing, I'm sorry. I did not see you there," His voice was sweet as he held out a large hand. You stuttered and took his hand shyly. He pulls you up quickly causing you to over correct and fall into him. You cursed yourself for the cliche situation. He steadies you with his hands and asks if you are okay. "I-i, well, i am okay." He gives you a smile and nods, "What is a pretty one like you doing out so late?" You blush. "I am just strolling through the town." He nods and gives you a look over. You gulp at the weird look and smile at him sheepishly. "W-well, I must go, My master is awaiting me." He nods. "Before you go, may I ask your name?" You hesitate and nod slowly. "Im (L/N) (Y/N)." He smiles brightly and nods, "Nice to meet you. (Y/N)-san, Have a nice night, my darling." He gives you no time to respond as he gracefully walks in the opposite direction. You're taken aback by the casual use of your first name and the pet name, but you shake your head. "What an interesting man."

You run the rest of the way to the estate as you realize how long you had been out. You experience no interruptions except for a few weird feelings here and there. Racing into the courtyard of the house, you scrambled up the vines and dragged yourself into your room. Groaning silently, you stand up and freeze as you see a sleeping Kyoujurou at your desk with the note crumpled up under his head. You looked around. Everything was in its original place and you sigh softly.

Walking over to the desk, you look at him and notice slight tear trails on his face and your heart breaks in your chest. You grab him softly and drag him over to your futon, laying him down. You look at his sleeping face and your heart warms. Despite his recent behavior, your heart still yearned for him. Giving him a soft kiss on his head, you cover his sleeping body. Standing up, you remove your kimono and set your sword down. Sitting at your desk, you wipe the drool off of it with a chuckle. Picking up the wrinkled note, you frown at it before throwing it into the pale beside your desk. You stared at your wall for a bit, tensing up as Kyoujurou murmured and groaned in his sleep. Your eyes feel heavy and you lay your head down onto the desk.

Your eyes close and you drift off into sleep.

A/N: Sorry, not peer reviewed. In a rush. Also, reader's pronouns are gender neutral, however they are feminine coded. It just makes it so much easier and quicker to write. Thank you!

His TsugukoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara