{Calm before the storm Arc // 4}

Concentration Constant, something you'd only been working on for a few days now. It was hard, very, very hard. you were keeled over taking deep breaths, one step away from hyperventilating. Rengoku stood over you, smiling. "You are improving every day, (L/N)-San," He pats you on the back. You nodded and smiled slightly. "I'm really trying my best to learn this Total Concentration Constant, but it is hard." He nodded, "It is quite challenging indeed, but it's nothing My Sweet Tsukugo cant do. " You blush and grin at him, "Okay, I'm motivated now. Let's continue."

Over dinner that night, Rengoku spoke about his meeting that morning. " Tomorrow we have an interesting guest showing up at Head Quarters. A young slayer with a demon in tow. He claims the demon to be his little sister." You gasped and frowned, "How unfortunate." Of course, you knew the rules, however, it was still quite upsetting to think about. Kyojuro noticed your frown and spoke up, choosing his words carefully, "We will be having a meeting to discuss the repercussions of the slayer and what will befall them." You frowned even more. "Will you all decide to kill them?" The table went quiet, Senjuro hadn't said anything all dinner. Rengoku sighed and gave you a smile, "We will discuss that tomorrow. I wanted to invite you to come with me, I have already received the appropriate permission." You put your hand on your chin. "What if they do not kill them? That would be the best. However, if they do kill him, I do not want to watch that. If they decide to do that, I'm leaving." Having made up your mind, you nodded, "Yes, I'll go.

.

It was the next day and you were fastening on your (F/C) flame haori, you decided you wanted to at least match him in some way. When you had finished, you slide on your matching calf sleeves as well as black socks. Grabbing your zori, you rush out of your room, and on to the engawa. Stopping in front of the waiting hashira, you drop to the ground to slide on your zori. Rengoku smiles down at you and you blush and stand up. "Are you ready?" He sets his hand on your shoulder. Smiling excitedly, you nod, "Yes Sir! I am ready!" He let out a hearty laugh at your excitement. "Then we shall go!"

The walk from the Rengoku estate to Head Quarters was an exciting one. The two of you talked and gushed over different foods, you talked about how you loved (Hobby), and he talked about how excited he was to have you join him for a meeting. You were actually quite nervous. You had seen the hashira before, but you've never really talked to any of them, except for Mitsuri. You knew enough about them to formulate an opinion and that's about all. You were grinning and your face was red with anticipation. Rengoku noticed and laughed, telling you that he was pleased that you were excited. Many shared smiles and few laughs here and there, and you were right in the courtyard of Head Quarters.

There stood all of the hashira, in all of their glory. Your eyes widened and you smiled brightly. Despite your excitement, you felt your shyer nature bubbling up and you stayed behind Rengoku, holding your haori around you. He laughed softly and turned his head, to look down at you, "Do not be shy, (L/N)-San. Despite you never having met them, they know plenty about you." You looked over at the hashira to notice them facing you. Waving softly, you make a small noise as Rengoku places his hand on your lower back and pushes you in front of him. "Good Afternoon, My friends. This is my darling Tsukugo. Their name is (Y/N) (L/N). They can be a bit timid, but they are an absolute joy to be around." You blush at the praise.

The one pillar you knew, Mitsuri, came bounding up to you with another female pillar behind her. "HI, (Y/N)! It's been a while, you still look as stunning as ever. I'm so glad you joined us today," She grabbed your hand and smiled at you. You blushed heavily at the pretty girl before smiling back. "Thank you Mitsuri-san! You look beautiful as well."

A little ways away, Rengoku stood near Uzui, watching the scene fold-out, smiling widely. He loved that his student and former student got along so well. It warmed his heart, more than his student already did. "They're so cute, I'm really glad they agreed to come." He watched the scene for a few more minutes before looking away.

You had greeted Shinobu and Iguro, the latter passing you a disinterested glance when you said hello, you moved on to two male hashira, both with white hair. Smiling you nodded at both of them, "Hello, I am (Y/N) (L/N). You may call me whatever you wish." They introduced themselves as Uzui Tengen and Sanemi Shinazugawa. Uzui smiled, "Kyojuro simply does you no justice." You tilt your head and give him a questioning glance. Uzui looks over you to see Kyojuro shaking his head, with wide eyes. He laughs. "You are much, more beautiful than he makes you out to be. " You choke and blush wildly. You begin to giggle nervously. He takes your hand in his and holds it tightly. "His daily, affectionate comments pale in comparison to your actual beauty," he smirks looking back at Rengoku, who now had the face of tomato. A quiet "Ara Ara~" is mumbled in the background. You blush and giggle softly. Placing your hand over his, you offer a sad smile and a thank you. Kyojuro furrows his eyebrows at your expression, meaning to talk about it later. Uzui nods and pats your head before taking his leave to stand by Rengoku, who glared at him.

You look down confused, "What was that about? What did he mean by Kyojuro doesn't do me justice, or his daily, affectionate comments? I'm so confused." Shaking your head, you walk over to two more hashira. A young boy, younger than you, you presumed, and a tall man with white eyes, you knew he was blind. "What do you want?" The boy stared blankly at you and you sweatdropped. "I- I'm just here to introduce myself. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." He looked up at the sky, "Another name I won't remember." 

You frowned and turned your attention to the taller male. " Hello! I'm (Y/N) (L/N)! I suppose you're the one named Himejima-San? Rengoku-Sensei respects you a great deal!" The man turns his head in your direction. "Good Afternoon, (L/N)-San, Yes that is me. I could say the same for you as well. He seems very pleased to have you as his Tsukugo." You blush and laugh. The tall man continues, "You have much potential and he is the best to bring it out." You grin, "Thank you, Himejima-Sama." You smile at the interaction and decided he was your favorite. 

Looking around, You notice a dark-haired male, standing away from the others. You begin to walk up to him when Shinobu-San stops you short. "Tomioka-San will be on trial, It'd be best not to talk to him." You frowned and looked at the man sadly. He looked so lonely. You opened your mouth to say something when a kakushi with a young boy and a box enter the courtyard. All the hashira group back together, save for Giyuu and Iguro, who remained in the tree the whole time, and you rush to stand behind Rengoku. He smiles at you before looking at the child.

The boy looks to be in pain and you cringe. You felt bad for the kid. The kakushi stands over the kid and prods him to wake up, once, twice and on the third time yells angrily, causing you to flinch in surprise. The kid's eyes snap open and he sits up abruptly. His eyes scan the crowd, having to double back to focus on your nervous form hiding behind the flame hashira.

"You are in the Presence of the 9 hashira... er," the Kakushi mumbles off, locking eyes with you. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N), I'm a Tsukugo, "You call out with your hand to your mouth. Rengoku glances at you and Mitsuri makes an amused noise, holding her hand to her mouth.

"Uh, and (L/N)..."

( The whole tone of this story shifted in those last few sentences and I think its hilarious. Anyways, thanks for reading, I'll update again soon. The only editing I've done on this is Grammarly so- yeah lmfao)