{Mugen Train Arc // 5}

"(L/N)-san, (L/N)-san, wake up, Please we have to hurry." Jumping up, you scoot back from Tanjiro in slight fear. Your dream had really messed with you. "Was that a dream, or maybe... it was a memory?" You grabbed your head, it felt like someone had bashed it with a rock. You look up at Tanjiro who gave you a concerned look. "Are you alright," He stuck his hand out to you. "I'm as good as I can be at the moment," You took his hand and he pulled you up.

Looking around you notice that the demon was gone, "Tanjiro, did you kill the demon." He gave you a pained expression, "No, it turns out that that body wasn't the demon's true form. While we were asleep, he fused with the train." You felt horror crawl through your body, "So that means, the trains is the demon's body, and all the passengers are his hostages." Tanjiro nodded, "I can only protect 2 cars." You sighed, "This is the worst possible outcome. I can only protect atmost 4 and even that's a stretch." He sighs, "Yeah, we need to see if the others are awake now."

You both start running to the back of the train. As you approach a car, you hear banging and grunting, and Tanjiro smiles. "That must be that rowdy boar-headed boy, Inosuke." Sure enough, it was. Inosuke burst through the train roof. "Inosuke! This train is no longer safe, We need to protect the sleeping passengers. This whole train has turned into a demon. Can you hear me? The train is a demon." Inosuke perked up, "It's just as I anticipated. So that means I was right and I'm the boss." He looks down before slashing the roof of the car exposing the inside. You jumped inside to see gross fleshy tentacles wrapping around the passengers. "That's fucking gross. This demon is seriously the worst." Slashing at the tentacles with your blade you make your way with Tanjiro to the front of the train once more, cutting down tentacle after tentacle. A crack of thunder sounded from towards the back of the train. You look at Tanjiro in concern, "Please, tell me that was Zenitsu." He gave you a nervous smile, "I hope."

A strong tremor shook the train and you landed on your backside. "W-what was that? Was that a demon?" Tanjiro looked around panicked. The air began to heat up and you knew immediately what, or more so who it was. The man of the hour practically materialized in front of Tanjiro. "Kamado, my boy. (L/N), my tsuguko." You both cried out in relief, "Rengoku-san!" "I managed to land some minor hits on my way here, it should take the demon some time to regenerate but there's no time! I'll speak quickly." He lifted his hand and held it out into a five position. "There are eight cars in total on this train. Me and (L/N) will protect the back five. Yellow boy and your sister will protect the remaining three. You and the boar-headed boy will go for the demon's neck while watching out for those three cars, (L/N) will also be watching out for those three cars." You nodded.

"Neck? But now the demons-" Rengoku looked him straight in the eyes, "It doesn't matter what he looks like, as long as he's a demon he'll have a neck. We will also be searching for his weak spot. Its time to get fired up, boy. (Y/N) come." He disappeared in a spiral of flame and Tanjiro falls back in surprise. You sigh, shaking your head, "I hate it when he does that, he knows I'm not capable of that yet." You race after the over-excited flame pillar.

Along the way, you slash at the demon's tentacles. "These things are seriously gross, they make the most disgusting sound," You grumble. Passing Zenitsu and Nezuko you nod and continue back to your assigned train cars. You enter the last train car to find Kyojuro cutting at the tentacles. You got to work protecting the civilians, while you prayed that Tanjiro and Inosuke would find the neck and decapitate it soon.

{Im putting a small time skip to when Tanjiro and Inosuke find and decapitate the demon because I don't know what to write about right here. Forgive me.}

After you had been defending for a while, you heard a shriek. Aggressively, the tentacles formed hands and grabbed each passenger by the throat. "Shit!! Flame Breathing Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation." You swung your blade in a circular formation, cutting all the tentacles at once. You moved onto the next car and do the same thing very quickly. Moving to the next car, you were relieved to find Kyojuro had successfully defended it. Changing direction, you run to the three cars Zenitsu and Nezuko were assigned. Once there, you sighed in relief. You head back to the back cars to meet up with Rengoku. When you found Rengoku, you smiled. "Kyo-" You were cut off by the train derailing. Strong tremors wrack the train and you stumble around the car. "(Y/N)!" Rengoku runs to you and grabs you, you hold onto his arms as the train crashes to the ground.

"GYAH," You hit the ground with a loud thump before rolling a ways away from the train. You lay there for a second, exhaustion filling your body. You take deep breaths in and out trying to alleviate some of the pain. Groaning, you push yourself on all fours. "That hurt like a mother fucker," you sigh and grit your teeth. "Now, now, that's no language a pretty one like you should use." Startled, you fall on your rear. Kyojuro stood over you smiling. Your face turned red and you looked down in shame, "I'm sorry you had to hear me use that language, Kyojuro." He laughed, "It's quite alright, (Y/N). You did just make quite the tumble. Let it be known, I lost touch with you when the train flipped. I did not let you go, I would never let you go." You blushed again. He extended his hand and you grabbed it. He pulled you up and gave you a once over. "If you need me, I will be over there with the Kamado boy." You nod and he runs over to the boy passed out on the ground.

Sighing, you look around the wreckage. You almost jump with glee when you find your travel pack. Picking it up, you brush it off. You open the bag and rummage through it. "Everything is still here, great." Looking up, you glance over at Rengoku who was rounding people up and checking on them, you assumed he was waiting for the young boy to wake up. "I have a bit of time. I'll write some more." Fetching your letter, you grab your pencil and get to work.

P.S: I'm sitting here writing you, on the ground, how silly of me. The mission has just ended. Kyojuro is checking on the passengers of the train. The train derailed and crashed. I'll tell you the fine details when I come back. I hope to see you again. See you soon. :)

You sit back and reread over the letter. Rolling it up, you wrap some string around it and tie it closed. You look around. "I wish Crowbar was here." As if your thought had summoned him, he appeared beside you with a squawk. "Crowbar!!" You cheered and rubbed his head with your pointer finger. "Hey, buddy, I need you to deliver this to Giyuu-san. Can you do that?" He cawed and stuck his foot out. You chuckled and tied the letter to his foot. "Thank you, bud." He flew off.

Standing, you close your pack and attach it to your belt. Looking over at Rengoku, you noticed he was poking Tanjiro's head. "I remember when he would do that to me, ugh. That irritated me so much, " you reminisce with a small smile. Approaching, you soon realized that Tanjiro was struggling. Your good mood dissipates and you race to him. Falling to your knees beside him, you check over him, "Will he be okay, Kyojuro?" The hashira nods, "Yes, he will be fine. He has his breathing under control." You sigh and nod. Standing, you scan over the damage. "This could've been a whole lot worst." Kyojuro nods in agreement.

*THUMP*

A booming collision sound fills the area, as you're almost blown back by a gust of wind. Shielding your eyes from the dust, you peek out at the direction it came from. A pale demon with blue markings and pink hair stood, proud. You could feel the power rolling off of him. Almost just to prove the point, his eyes held numbers,

"Upper Moon Three."

Your body filled with dread, icy fear gripped your heart. Ruka-sama's words bounce and echo in your head. "My son, Kyojuro, is to die on this mission." Your mouth runs dry at the realization. But another thing heightens the fear.

The demon in front of you is the demon you saw in your dream.

{Double upload. Maybe I should slow down. I don't know maybe not. Anyways I hope yall enjoy this chapter, thank you guys!}