{Transition Arc // Chapter 1}

Author's Note: I do not know what to call this next arc, so for now it is just arc.

"YOU DID WHAT?" The white-hair flashy man exclaimed. It was a week later and your injuries were slowly healing. Your body still hurt really bad and you couldn't train yet, but it was still progress. You chuckled loudly, "Yes, looking back, it was an idiotic move, but I don't regret it one bit." Uzui laughed and laid his arm around you, "Kyoujurou, you never told us they were this flashy. How could you hide such a gem as this from me? ME?" You blushed.

"I fear you are simply too much for them, personality-wise. They are just starting to come out of their shell. You might just scare them back in there." Kyoujurou threw a fake smile at the sound hashira. His eyes fell on you blushing and he gritted his teeth softly. Uzui chuckles and picks you up, setting you on his right shoulder, "Flamboyantly awesome! And strikingly attractive." He pursed his eyebrows up at you. Your face feels like it's about to burst into flames.

"Okay, okay. AHEM. (L/N), we need to be gone now. I bet Senjuro is anticipating our return, He's ready to make those dumplings!" Kyoujurou spoke quickly and grabbed you from Tengen's shoulder. Tengen laughed slyly and passed him a knowing smirk. Kyoujurou rolled his eyes and gently pushed you ahead of him. You looked back at the two males and shrugged.

Kyoujurou was oddly silent on the walk back to the Flame Estate. He seemed slightly irritated. You wondered what it could be. Shrugging it off, you speed ahead of him, ready to see the younger Rengoku. You could feel Kyoujurous eyes follow your frame. Suddenly self-conscious, you slow down and fall back into step beside him.

He laughs softly, "Now, why'd you do that?" You lift your shoulders and give him a small smile. "I guess I'm just excited to get home." He nods and moves closer to you, "In that case..." He swiftly grabs you and picks you up bridal style. "WHAT-" and before you knew it, the two of you were gone in a flash only leaving the disturbed wildlife behind.

It had been a second maybe before you arrived at the flame estate. Smiling widely, Kyoujurou sets you down and lays his hands on your shoulders. You look up at him in shock with a slight blush. "And now we are here!" You give him a look, "You're not healed all the way. You shouldn't push yourself like that. Especially not for me. Save your energy for something else." A small smile crosses his lips before he shakes his head. You give him a confused look.

"Brother! (Y/N)! You two are back," the youngest Rengoku sprung from the engawa and flew into the front yard. Running forward, you snatch the kid up in an aggressive hug. The boy laughs as you hug him and it makes your heart swell. The older Rengoku waits patiently for the two of you to separate. Looking at the two of you, he smiles warmly. His heart felt as though it would burst right from his chest. Once the three of you were done with greetings, you all headed inside to start the dumplings.

While the boys got the ingredients ready, you wanted to take a rare chance. "I want to ask Rengoku-sama if he'd like to join us in making the dumplings," you gave Kyoujurou a smile. The male seemed slightly concerned and Senjurou passed him a worried look. Rengoku sighed, "I don't think that's the best idea, but if you'd like to I'm going with you and that's non-negotiable." He gave you a stern look and you sighed and nodded. "You may come, but I'm the only one going into the room." Kyoujurou nodded. Giving Senjurou a head pat, you reassure him. You turn to Rengoku and give him a nod and the two of you head for his father's room.

The two of you continue in a quiet comfortable manner, before yall stop in front of the former hashira's room. "Okay, I'll be going in now. Don't come in." You smile at him before opening the shoji and entering the room. You sigh and close the door behind you.

"What do you want? Get out," the former hashira grunts, making no move to turn to see who you were. Kneeling behind him, you smile to yourself. "Good evening Rengoku-sama, the sunset is quite lovely." He groans, "if you have a point, get to it." You roll your eyes.

"Tonight, for dinner, we are trying a new food. A food from the west called, "Chicken and Dumplings." "I personally wanted to ask you if you'd like to join us in making it," you chuckle softly. "We usually have so much fun." He grunted, "No." You sighed.

"I thought so. My offer still stands. If you'd like to join me and your sons, we will be in the kitchen," you go to stand up. "worthless," He responds softly. Your eyebrows furrow, "No, they aren't. and neither are you. They are always just a room away, If you needed something they would come to your aid immediately." Laying your hand on the handle, you sigh again. "They love you so much, and they miss you. They miss their father, and I know you miss them too. They only want you to take care of yourself." Smiling at yourself, you add one last thing, "Kyoujurou always talks about you and how amazing he thinks you are, we all think you're amazing... I will bring you a serving when the food is done. Have a nice evening and night, Rengoku-sama."

He only gives silence in response and you nod and leave. Once outside the door, you let out a huge sigh. "Kyoujurou darling, your dad is soooo scary. Anyways, let's get back to Senjurou." You wonder if Kyoujurou heard anything you said and you really hoped he didn't. Kyoujurou gives you a small smile. You walk ahead of him and he looks at his father's shoji before following.

Kyoujurou had in fact heard everything you had said. He recalled your words and his heart swelled up. A blush crept on his face the more he thought of you. He found that he was more than fond of you. He quite liked you a lot. He looks at you and smiles.