Fire under my skin.

The air smelled of tea and medicine as you came to your senses. Opening your eyes slowly, you flinch as the bright light assaults your pupils. A warmth enveloped your hand. Your eyes sought for the source, a large hand was wrapped around yours. Looking up, you expected to see Kyojurou, but instead Uzui's magenta eyes found yours and his face lit up.

"(Y/N)...." He stood up with a soft smile on his face. "Tengen-sama." You respond with a scratchy voice. You recoil at the sound of your voice, rough and hoarse. It sounded like it hadn't been used in a while. Your brows furrow, "Tengen-sama, how long have I been out?" He looks to the side, almost reluctant to tell you. He seemed to know you'd be upset with his answer. "3 weeks."

Your heart dropped as you sat up, biting back a yelp of pain. "W-what? 3 WEEKS??" He grimaced and laid you back down, "Yeah, after the battle with Gyutarou and his sister, you were found bleeding out and poisoned. You had like, a million, cuts all over you, plus the huge ones on your chest. Those were pretty bad. Anyways, everyone thought you were dead," He paused, looking up at you with a look of concern before he corrected himself. "You were almost pronounced dead on the scene actually, but Kyojurou wouldn't have it. Man, you should've seen him." Tengen chuckled a bit before sighing. "Bro was fighting demons out there." You ears perked up and your eyes narrowed. "There were more demons????" Tengen gave you a confused look, before laughing. "No, No, it's an expression." You rolled your eyes and relax.

"Kyojurou."

You jolt back up, "Tengen, where's Kyojurou?" He nods and gets up, "He's on a mission, he's estimated to be back at sunset tonight, I'll send a raven for him." He stops, "I'm glad you're up (L/N)-san." Tengen smirked and posed, "Join me and my wives in marriage." You flinch back in surprise, an obvious blush on your face. "Uh, well..." Tengen laughs, "Im kidding you don't have to." His face dropped and an intense look filled his eyes. "Right now." He laughed at your nervous expression and sauntered out of the room.

"What in Tarnation?"

At the thought of Kyojurou's return being so far, you groan and turn over hoping to sleep, that was not the case, however. An argument between a feminine voice and Tengen echoed down the hallway.

"Why didn't you come get me immediately?"
"They're fine. We talked a bit, they seem to remember most of it."
"Did they move any?"
"Yes, (L/N)-San moved quite a bit why."
"Move, I have to make sure they didn't open a wound, especially the one on their chest. That one is ugly."

Footsteps sounded down the hall, as you watched Shinobu Kocho walk into the room with a soft smile on her face. "Hi, darling. I'm so glad you're awake. I was worried you wouldn't wake up for bit their." The smile on her face was a stark contrast to her words and it threw you off a bit.
"Well, uhm, thanks for taking care of me so vigilantly."

She nodded her head, "of course, it's my job!" She grabbed some rags and dipped them in a bowl of water beside your bed you hadn't noticed before. "Okay, I need to check the wound on your chest," she smiled at you. You nodded and unbuttoned the medical uniform she had put you in. An awkward feeling settled in your stomach as you looked away, unable to look at her while she was examining your bare chest. You jumped as she ran the rag over your wound, which didn't have stitches in it, surprisingly.

"Okay, you're all clean, and, obviously, you can tell the stitches are out. The wound, however is not fully healed, so you do need to be careful with your movement." She squeezed the rag, pushing the water into the bowl, and looked at you. "You had many other cuts but those were not so deep and healed without any problem. Along side the cuts, you had a broken leg. That's already healed, your healing time is impressive." She gave you a puzzled look, "I'm not sure why the cuts on your chest haven't healed yet, but I give it about another week or so."

Shinobu smiles and lowers her head in a small bow, "Excuse me, I must go check on our other patients." And with that, she is gone. You stare after her, before looking down. You hadn't even buttoned your top back up. Cursing yourself, skin burning with embarrassment, you scramble to button it back up.

A small knock sounding through the room stopped you and you pulled the cover over your chest, the shirt halfway buttoned. Looking towards the door, your heart stopped as you caught two golden eyes peaking in by the door.

"Kyojurou!! Wait, how long had he been sitting there?"

He cleared his throat, a blush present on his face.
"May I come in?" You were surprised by his reserved nature. "Of course, Kyojurou." He smiled and practically ran into the room, which was like two steps for him. You held your hands out towards him and he embraced you with a gentle hug. His muscles were tense and you guessed he'd just gotten back from his mission. You'd never believe it was because he was holding himself back from crushing you between his arms. Oh, he had missed you so much.

You pulled away, not catching the flash of disappointment in his eyes. "It's so nice to see you again, Kyojurou." He smiled, "Ah, the same with you, (Y/N)." You smiled softly and laid your hands by your side. He watched you. You gave him a confused smile as he focused on your hands. He looked at you through his lashes before moving to wrap his hands around yours. He looked up again, this time for approval. You nodded softly, as he picked your hand up and placed a gentle kiss to the top of it. Your face felt like it was burning as you watched.

His hands were so warm. His touch felt like fire under your skin, a fire you welcomed with open arms.

(Hey guys don't kill me im sorry i promise. Busy. ALL THE TIME. I'm a sophomore in college rn so yeah. Anyways, love y'all. Also not proofread. :D)