{Entertainment District Arc // Chapter 8}

Your heart beat loudly and swiftly in your chest as you glanced from the unconscious Tanjirou to the two demons fighting. Daki and Nezuko went head-to-head, and you hesitated to get involved. Daki had begun to get irritated as Nezuko refused to back down. You watched with anxiety, debating whether to stay with Tanjirou or to help Nezuko. You look back down at Tanjirou's face, pushing crimson hair out of his eyes. His skin was warm, almost like Kyojurou's and your own. Frowning, you wipe sweat from your forehead, and rummage through your travel bag. Tanjirou groans and you drop your stuff and direct your attention to the boy. A pained frown twisted his face, and you glanced over to the house his sister had been tossed into. Scooting your hands under Tanjirou, you picked him up and jumped over the roofs to rest on the awning above the alley that the two demons stood in. Glancing from uppermoon 6 to Nezuko, your eyes widened as you took in her form. She had "aged." Her body looked bigger and further developed and she looked like a young woman. Your heart dropped at her face. Her eyes were wide and filled with rage as she growled at the upper moon demon.

The two went back to battle and you watched with bated breath. Tanjirou started shaking and you looked down at him with worry. A horrified screeching sound caused you to flinch as you direct your attention back to the fight scene. Bright pink flames welled up from the body of Daki as she screamed in pain. Your vision snaps over to Nezuko and a shiver runs down your spine as your hand instinctively clutches the handle of your sword. She stood over the burning demon with a sadistic smile. Taking no time, she sprung into the air and landed a devastating kick onto the white-haired demon. You glanced down at Tanjirou. His brows twitched and you grimaced. Laying Tanjirou down on the roof, you scramble to the edge of the awning and look down into the alley. Wind rushed past your face, and you snap your head to follow a swift blur. It was Daki and Nezuko followed right behind her.

Grabbing your sword, you leap among the roofs, following the two demons. A small whisper brushes across your skin and your body pales with dismay. People! Taking a deep breath, your legs speed up as you jump over buildings. You leap onto a road, and sprint towards Nezuko, as she stood outside a building. The closer you got the stronger the whisper on your skin gets. It encourages you to speed up more and you slide into the building past the female demon. Immediately taking account of the three women in the room, one of them bleeding. You turn to Nezuko with a sad but determined glare. "Nezuko, I know this isn't you, but I cannot hesitate to defend these people. I will not hesitate to protect them, even in the expense of your life." The demon glared at you, and you watched as her teeth chattered and drool fell over her lips. You drew your sword. Nezuko leaned towards you and went to jump at you. "Flame Breathing: Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation." You swung your sword as the temperature spiked and your blade exploded into flames as it flew through the air.

"WAIT"

You glared as Tanjirou ran up from behind Nezuko and shoves his sheathed blade between her teeth as a muzzle. You spin your blade, immediately dropping the form. Furrowing your brows, you turn away from the scene. Approaching the wounded woman, you dig through your bag and retrieve your bandages. "Hey, you don't have to worry anymore. Let me see your arm." The woman whimpers and glances to your sword with a frightened look. Sheathing your sword, you smile at her softly. She moves her arm in your direction and you wrap the bandage around the wound. The growling and struggling becomes louder and you turn around and push the woman back. You watched as Tanjirou struggled to hold Nezuko back and you drew your sword. Tanjirou gazed at you with pleading eyes, and you threw him a sorry look. Hesitating a small moment, you concern grows as Nezuko's growling increased. "What.?" You huffed in surprise as the demon girl shot through the roof of the room, in hopes of removing Tanjirou's grasp. You act instantly, jumping up into the hole after them. Glancing around, you note the two civilians in the room staring with wide eyes. Fear. You stood in a prepared stance, ready to take care of the problem in case Tanjirou failed to subdue his demon sister. Your hair stands on edge as you feel the slow painful sensation creeping over your skin. The infamous obi whipped around the room as the owner slowly stalked from the depths of the broken building she was thrown into. Her face looked grotesque, covered in burn marks and she held a blank expression.

"Really, such nerve doing that to me." She stood glaring at Tanjirou and Nezuko while you made a defensive stance in front of the people. The demon's eyes twitched as she stopped, "So, you can do Blood Demon Art. A bizarre one with flames that only burn demons." Her voice dropped to a menacing growl, "This irritates me. This irritates me more than you would believe." Tanjirou looked stricken with panic as his gaze switched between Nezuko and the people behind you. You gave him a hard glare and held out your hand, ordering him to stop whatever he was thinking. The sashes drew back, and you moved in position instantly. Your skin prickled softly and grew stronger as you threw yourself at the slashes. A sudden gush of strong wind startled you as you landed back on the ground, stumbling back slightly in surprise.

It was Uzui!!!

Uzui stood before you with a blank gaze on Tanjirou and Nezuko. He bent down to crouch infront of them, "Hey, isn't this Nezuko Kamado." Your face went deadpan and you almost sighed. "If this continues, we'll die before the missions done." He leaned forward slightly, "I see she's becoming a flashy demon." His head shifted to face Tanjirou with a blank face, before it shifted to a sour look. You braced yourself, glancing back at the dumbfounded upper moon 6. She stood there with a shocked face. "AFTER ALL THAT GRANDSTANDING INFRONT OF THE MASTER? What's this sorry state?" Tanjirou reeled back with a small exclamation of shock. "NO ONE EVER TOLD HER TO BECOME A FLASHY DEMON!" Your eye twitched in irritation.

Finally, the demon spoke up, "You're a hashira, right? You came to me. That makes it all the much easier." Uzui face fell into an irritated and bored expression, "Shut up. I wasn't talking to you." You watched with bated breath. "You're not an upper moon demon," He turned to glare at her, "You're far too weak. You're not the one I'm looking for." Her eyebrows furrowed, "What kind of ridiculous drivel-" She's cut off as you watch with shock as a thin line formed in her neck, blood seeping slowly from it.

Your eyes widened as Daki's head fell from her neck, as her body crumpled to its knees. Landing right into her own hands. She stares in shuck, her mouth open.

"huh?"

(Heys guys, an update lol. a bad one but an update nonetheless. Sorry about being late. Im just personally in my CoryxKenshin arc at the moment. {No shame to my boy cory <3})