{Mugen Train Arc // 4}

Sitting up, you let out a breath. Tanjiro stood in front of you. His face contorted into a relieved expression, "Oh, (L/N)-san, I'm so glad you're awake. Ive been trying to get the others to waken but I've had no luck." You looked around to find everyone else asleep. Your eyes sweep over Kyojuro as he held a girl by her throat aggressively. Your eyes widen at the rope tied to her hand and his. Looking down, you notice your rope, now severed, connected to a young boy who had just woken up. He looked up at you in fear and you held your hands out in front of him to help alleviate some of his anxiety. He shakes and runs into a different seat, you supposed he was hiding.

"What are these children doing here?" You look over to Tanjiro and he shakes his head. "I'm not sure, but they're all connected to us by ropes, I had one connected to me but I guess when I woke up it broke. Nezuko was standing right beside me, she must've known something was up." You look down and surely next to Tanjiro the demon girl stood. She looked up at you and you patted her head gently. "This was caused by a demon, the demon also had something to do with the tickets, and it must've put us to sleep when the conductor punched them, " Tanjiro held the ticket out to you and you nodded. "I knew there was something sketchy about that man, he was creepy, " You shook your head. "I think that we should not sever the ropes with our nichirin blades," Tanjiro chimed in and you agreed with him. "That makes sense, it may have some sort of adverse effect if we do, it could hurt someone."

Tanjiro turned to the demon girl, "Nezuko! Do me a favor! I want you to burn off everyone's ropes." The girl nodded and went to burn off their ropes. You stared in awe at the pretty pink flames, "This must be her blood demon art." Tanjiro shook Zenitsu, "Zenitsu, Zenitsu, wake up, wake up." The boy didn't even stir and you tilted your head in concern, "Thats weird, their ropes are burnt off? Maybe its like regular sleeping and they will wake up whenever?" You watched Tanjiro shake Inosuke in the same way, "Perhaps it is." Tanjiro sighed and you felt bad for him. It didn't seem to be working. Nezuko made a worried sound and Tanjiro turned to her and comforted her. Feeling an approaching presence, you look behind you to find a girl running at Tanjiro with a sharp pick in her hand. You widen your eyes, "That's the girl Kyojuro was choking." You looked around to find that the male was now sitting back in one of the chairs, "Is he awake?" Jumping back, you stick your foot out slightly, tripping the girl. Tanjiro grabbed Nezuko and dodged her.

"What are you doing?!" The girl stood in a defensive position with the pick. "Get out of our way. We won't get to have our dreams just because of you guys." Tanjiro made a surprised face and you stepped out in front of him. "Dreams? What is she talking about?" All the children stood up and grouped together except for two. You assumed they were yours and Tanjiro's. The girl who tried to attack Tanjiro looked over to a rather pale boy sitting with his head down, "What do you think you're doing? If you're awake you'd better help us out. You may have tuberculosis or whatever, but if you dont help us out, ill tell him and he wont give you any dreams." You perked your head up, "He? Tanjiro, the demon." Tanjiro nodded at you. You and Tanjiro looked over to the boy, he was standing now. "Is he.... crying?" You furrowed your eyebrows and tilted your head.

The other young boy gave you a strange look, pointing his pick at you. "What is wrong with you? Why do you have such a chaotic spiritual core?" You took a step back. "What is he talking about? Spiritual core? Chaotic? I'm fine, Whats wrong with him." Tanjiro clenched his fists, "Im sorry i have no choice but to fight back." The two of you looked at each other and nodded. Both of you rush forward and hit each of the kid's pressure points on their necks, except for the kid who was connected to Tanjiro.

Tanjiro seemed to whisper to himself for a minute and you took the time to analyze Kyojuro. "He's still asleep for some reason. Did he even know he was choking her? Most likely not, that's not something Kyojuro would do." You were brought out of your thoughts by the pale boy standing up and approaching Tanjiro. He stood and seemed to stare at the boy and his sister for a while. Tanjiro looked up at the boy in concern, and you felt envious of his kind soul. "Are you alright," He asked the boy worriedly. The boy smiled and thanked him, "Be careful." Tanjiro smiled and agreed before grabbing Nezukos hand, "Nezuko, (L/N)-san." You followed him out of the room, nodding at the kid.