{Mugen Train Arc // 1}

After you had packed your travel bag, you clipped your haori on and knelt in front of Senjuro. Laying your hands on his shoulders, you look him in the eye. "Hey, Little buddy. I'm going to join your brother on his mission, so you don't have to worry about anything. I promise we'll be back soon and make Chicken and Dumplings." He smiled brightly at you. Tapping his nose, you give him a kiss on the forehead, "I love ya, kiddo." He blushed and gave you a big hug, which you returned. Turning, you sprint out of the front gate on your way to the train station. 

_______

Reaching the train station within a day, you look around for the ticket booth. When you couldn't find the booth, you approached an officer. "Hello, Good afternoon. Can you point me in the way of the ticket booth, Please?" He looked you up and down, you assumed he was confused about your uniform. He quirked his eyebrows at you. You chuckled nervously, "Uh, Its a... Its a family tradition." You smiled at him. He shook his head, "Uh, right. Follow me." He lead the way to the ticket booth and you followed quietly. Bowing at the man, you approach the booth. Once you had made it to the ticket booth, you looked at the person in the window. "I need one ticket for the Mugen Train, please. The soonest trip you have." You were very excited about seeing your hashira. The woman smiled and looked down at a book on her desk, "Aha! Our soonest trip leaves in 10 minutes and we coincidentally have one last ticket, you're very lucky!"You laughed, "Thank you so much!!" 

After buying your ticket, you head to one of the Bento Vendors and order four Bentos, one for you and three for your master. Bowing to the man at the counter, you rush to board the train. Once on the train, you begin to walk through the cars trying to find your beloved friend. "UMAI....UMAI.....UMAI." Your ears perked at the sound. Rushing forward, you shove open the door. "Kyojuro-Sensei! Im coming!!" He turns to you quickly and gives you a bright smile, "(Y/N), My darling!" You rush to his seat. "I was informed to join you on the Mugen Train by my crow. So, here I am." He laughs, "Yes, here you are!" He gestures for you to sit beside him and you take the seat. "So, you're coming?" He gives you a sly look. You look at him for a minute, confused, before your mouth drops open and a fierce blush creeps on your face. "KYOJURO," you squeal and punch his shoulder lightly, "We're in public." His eyebrows raise, "So, It would be better if we were in private?" You hide your face in shame and shake your head. He gives a hearty laugh, "You are too cute."

___________

After some time, the train made one more stop at a train station. You stared out the window idly. Kyojuro sat beside you simply staring ahead. You often wondered what he thought of. "His family? 100%. His friends? Maybe. I wonder if he ever thinks of me." You look over at him. He must've gotten hungry again as he was once again attacking multiple bento boxes and scaring the other passengers with his loud UMAI's. You smiled, you found it endearing. "Perhaps, most of his thoughts are occupied by food. I don't blame him." These days the only thing that occupied your thoughts was your training, him and now Giyuu. "Ah, Giyuu. My best friend, he's so precious. I love him. I should start writing him." You grab your travel bag and retrieve your paper and pencil. Leaning down you begin to write, tuning out Kyojuro's shouts. 

Dear Giyuu, 

Hello, Giyuu-san. I'm writing to you from the Mugen Train. As I am writing this, Rengoku-san sits by my side absolutely destroying some Bentos he got from some train station a bit back. He seems to enjoy them as he shouts UMAI every time he takes a bite. I know it probably doesn't sound appealing to you, but I find his shouts very cute. Anyways, How are you, Giyuu-san? I hope you're doing well. Perhaps, Shinobu-sama isn't teasing you too harshly. Also, if Shinazugawa-sama and Obanai-sama are being mean to you, tell me, and I'll do my best to beat them up. I may not win, but I'll still try my best. Oh, Looks like some more Demon slayers are here. OH! It's Tanjiro and his friends. I will send this as soon as I can. Bye, Giyuu-San!

Love, your best friend :) (Y/N)

Shoving the notepad away into your bag, you look up at the trio. They stood confused and bewildered at Kyojuro's actions and you had to suppress a chuckle. Noticing you there, the trio looked over at you, and you gave a smile. Tanjiro prompted Kyojuro once more and the flame-haired man turned with a shout," UMAI!!!" 

Drawing a picture of Giyuu (to include in his letter) over a new sheet of paper, you listen to Kyojuro and Tanjiro-san talk about some dance. Hinokami Kagura is what he called it. Kyojuro would give his idle answers, claiming he had no knowledge of this dance and complimenting the boy's father. After a bit more conversation, he told Tanjiro to be his Tsuguko. He claimed that he would turn him into a fine swordsman, stating you to be an example. 

"This fine person right here has become even more than what I expected them to be. They become stronger every day. They've even mastered Total Concentration Constant, In fact they've had it mastered for a while now. Truly impressive." You chuckled, "Rengoku-san, you give me far too much praise." You turn to Tanjiro, "All praise should be given to him. He may seem a bit eccentric, but he's a wonderful person and master." Kyojuro looked at you and you returned his gaze. Tanjiro looked between the two of you with a small smile on his lips. 

" Im Gonna go outside and race it, and see whos faster." "Dont be an idiot." You looked over at the other slayers. Zenitsu and Inosuke (you assumed was his name) were locked in a hold as the yellow-haired male tried to keep the other from jumping out the window. Your eyes widen and you hold your hand over your mouth in order to stifle your laughter. Kyojuro watches the scene for a bit. 

"We must be attentative, you never know when a demon will  appear." Zenitsu's face contorted to pure terror and you braced yourself for the melt-down that was sure to happen. "WHAT! YOU'RE TELLING ME WE'RE NOT ON THE WAY TO THE DEMON BUT WE'RE ALREADY HERE?" He gasped for air dramatically. Kyojuro looked ahead, "Over 40 demon slayer members have gone missing on this train alone." The yellow-haired boy did seem to like that answer as he began to hyperventilate, "I want off this train. Im getting off now." You give Rengoku a side-eye, silently cursing him for instigating him more. However, this seems to keep Inosuke from jumping out of the window, which you cheered silently about. 

Hearing footsteps, you look to see a worker hole-punching people's tickets. Reaching in your pocket, you pull out your ticket. Examining the person, you come to the conclusion that the man gave off the weirdest vibes and you didn't like it one bit. Despite that, you handed the man your ticket and he hole-punched it. In the middle of hole-punching Tanjiro's ticket the light overhead flickers and turns off before flicking back on. Immediately you're hit with an over-whelming foul presence, one you knew all too well. Looking over at Kyojuro, he stares up through his eyebrows with a look that made your mouth go dry. Your hand finds its way to the grip of your blade and you take a deep breath. 

A demon has appeared...