{Transition Arc // Chapter 4}

The following morning you wake up with a pep in your step. You're extremely excited to help Shinjurou clean up. You wash your face and comb your hair as you get into your training attire. Shoving on your shoes, you take a look in your bronze mirror. You give a half-smile before zooming out of the room. Once you reach the dining area for breakfast, you take your portion while looking for the eldest Rengoku's. Noticing Senjurou sweeping, you briskly walk up to him with a smile. "Hey, Senjurou-kun! Where is your father's portion?" He nods towards Shinjurou's room, "Brother already took it up there. In fact, he just left." You give him a nod before turning around. 

Clutching your bowl with one hand, you use the other to shovel the breakfast in your mouth as fast as possible. Reaching his room, you notice Kyoujurou standing in the open doorway of his father's room.  He's staring in with a small smile. Walking up to the man, you give him a small good morning. "Ah, (L/N)-san. How are you this morning," he turns to you with a small smile and a slight blush. You give him a warm smile. "Hello, I am doing quite fine this morning, how are you?" He blushes harder and gives you a huge smile, "I am also doing fairly well. Father seems to be in a better mood than recently." You nod, "That's great. That reminds me as to why I'm here." You move to look into the room, "I need to talk to him about something. Privately, of course."

Kyoujurou's face dropped instantly, "Ah, Interesting. Well, if there's ever anything else, please remember I am also available to help. " You give him an anxious smile, "Of course, Rengoku-sensei." His lip twitches slightly as he bows and walks away. You watch him until he's out of sight before knocking softly on the frame. "Come in, you've been here for like ten minutes." You roll your eyes and walk into the room. Kneeling behind him, you bow your head. "Good morning, Rengoku-sama. Did you enjoy your breakfast?" He grunts and sits up, "Come around here, I cannot see you." You're taken back by this but proceed anyways.

Once you kneel in front of him, you give him a gentle smile. He rolls his eyes, "The breakfast was enjoyable." You nod in agreement, "Senjurou-kun and the rest are quite the chefs." He looks at you and snorts, "Yeah I can tell. It's all over your face." Your eyes widen and twitch as embarrassment floods through your body. Wiping your mouth quickly, you hide your face and cough. Shinjurou gives a wheezing chuckle, "I'm just playing with you, kid." He harbors a small smile and looks down at the floor. Your eyes widen and a small blush forms on your face. "Kyoujurou looks just like him. Aside from the beard. But the beard is so handsome. He's so handsome. WHAT? NO! Snap out of it."  You must have been making faces as you stared at him because the older man was giving you a strange look, looking around the room questioningly. 

You clear your throat and give him an embarrassed smile, "Sorry, I- um, was thinking about something." He rolls his eyes, "Focus." You nod and frown slightly. "Im not sure tonight is the best time to do it, because its such short time for the boys, but i promise it will be as soon as possible." The ex-hashira nods in agreement, "I think you're right, we don't want to spring it up on them, plus i want it to be perfect." You smile widely, "It will be great. I'm going to get Senjurou and Kyojurou to make the meal, while I help you." You give him a suspicious look, "Which reminds me, you haven't drunken anything right?" He gives you a nervous nod. Your eyes narrow and you glare at him. He doesn't crack. oh well. 

The two of you stare at each other before you snap out of it, "Okay, well, I will see you later today.  Have a nice day." You stand up and bow before walking to the door. "Thank you, (L/N)-san." You smile and nod. Walking out, you close the shoji, and pump a fist in the air, "YES!" You smile before racing down the hall. You've kept Kyoujurou waiting for quite long enough. Racing through the halls and onto the engawa, your ears pique as you hear males grunting and bokkens hitting each other. As far as you were concerned, you were the only one he was training right now. Out of curiosity, you sneak towards the sound trying to remain hidden. Your specialty.