{Mugen Train Arc // 6}

You felt the blood drain from your face and your body began to shake. "H-he was there. He killed him. He killed my father. He did it."  The demon in front of you lunged forward hoping to land an attack on Tanjiro. "Flame Breathing Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun," immediately Kyojuro stepped in, cutting the demon's arms right down the middle causing the demon to flip back. "He would go after an obvious defenseless slayer? How pathetic."   Your eyebrows furrow and you feel anger bubbling up in you. The demon's arm regenerates quickly and you watch in disgust as he licks his blood from the arm. 

"I can't understand why you would go after a wounded person," Kyojuro took a defensive stance. The demon smiled, "I just thought he would get in the way between you and me, after him I planned on taking that one down." He pointed at you, and you grit your teeth. "I feel maybe I know that one from somewhere, but hm? Who knows?" You growl softly and Kyojuro gives you a warning glance. 

"You and I have something to talk about? Its our first time meeting but I already hate you," Kyojuro returns his attention back to the demon. The demon looked you in the eyes, "Is that so? I really hate weak humans too. When I look at weaklings, I feel disgusted." Kyojuro stepped in front of you, "If this is between you and I, leave them out of this. I seems that you and I have different moral values in regards to things." 

The demon placed his hand on his hips, "I see. Then I have a wonderful proposal." "Proposal, what could the demon want? This demon is seriously rubbing me the wrong way, he's worst than the other one." He lifted his arm up, "How about you become a demon too?" With no hesitation, Kyojuro responded with a simple, "No chance." Your body filled with pride. "I know your strength just by looking at you. You're a Hashira right? Your battle spirit is quite polished. You're close to reaching supreme territory. The one behind you is a significant amount weaker than you, but also much stronger than the one on the ground. I just cant shake the thought that I've met them before, whats their name?" You looked at Tanjiro his gaze was stuck on the demon, fear dominant in his eyes.

"I am the flame pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro. You have no use of their information, Leave them out of this," Kyojuro's face held no expression. The demon held the same smile on his face, "No? Mm. I'm Akaza. Let me tell you why you haven't crossed into supreme territory, Kyojuro." He points an accusing finger at the flame hashira, "You grow old, you'll die. You're human. Become a demon, Kyojuro. You can go on to train for hundreds of years and get stronger." You hear Tanjiro groaning, "Tanjiro, don't. You're wounded, stay down." Kyojuro stepped forward, you could feel the heat rolling off him. "Growing old and dying is the beauty of being a human. Because they grow old, because they die, they are tremendous, lovable, and precious. What they call strength isn't referred to the body." He turned to look at you and Tanjiro, "These two aren't weak, don't insult them." Kyojuro draws his sword, "I'll say it again and again, you and I have different morals."

"No matter what motivation I have, I will not become a demon." The demon's eyes closed slightly, "I see. Technique Deployment Destructive Death: Compass Needle." "This must be his blood demon art! A demon that specializes in hand-to-hand combat?" You place your hand on your sword. Kyojuro gives you a look, "Dont even think about it, I will deal with him." Akaza's smile grew wider, "If you wont become a demon, then ill kill you." Your heart dropped into your stomach, "This is what Ruka-sama was talking about. I need to give Kyojuro some time, or that's what she said. If I don't. If I don't... Kyojuro WILL die." Your body felt light and your stomach churned making you feel nauseous.

The two lunged at each other. Your throat tightened, "I cant see him. I CANT SEE HIM. How am I supposed to help, They're both so fast." You could feel your heart pounding in your chest. You could hear faint words and the sound of the two males fighting. "I-I have to help, I have to do something." Tanjiro must've been thinking the same thing as he struggled to get up. "Don't move. Your wound could be fatal. (Y/N), you stay out of this." Akaza laughed, "AH, (Y/N) is the name. I can't say I've met anyone by that name, but it's strange. Is that the first or last? AH! Anyways, don't pay attention to those weaklings, Kyojuro. Give it all you got. Focus on me."