{Entertainment District Arc // Chapter 6}

Jumping from the meetup spot down onto the ground, you head back for the Kyogoku house to grab yours and Zenitsu's stuff. Opening the window to your room, you climb in and grab your travel pack and trade your kimono for your uniform and haori. The atmosphere of the room told you that a demon had been in there. You looked around carefully and realized the small room had many thin gaps in its walls.

These little gaps led into the walls; in fact, the walls were hollow. You moved closer to inspect one of the gaps and your nostrils immediately burn. You did not have Tanjirou's sense of smell, by any means, but you could feel the demon's scent on the skin of your nose. No, you didn't have his sense of smell, nor did you have Zenitsu's sense of hearing, but your skin seemed to be extra sensitive and could detect humans and especially demons. Their touch, their smell, the lingering presence that a demon left behind was no stranger to your skin. Kyojurou had praised you for your senses and commented that you must have trained them for a while. You didn't have the heart to tell him that that had just been how you were born. Or that they had been like that for as long as you could remember. You brought your fingers to trace the gap as the pad of it grew warm in retaliation to the demon.

Removing your hand, you turn to the door and open it quickly. Looking behind yourself, you scan the room once more before leaving and shutting the door. You quickly snuck through the halls of the house, going undetected. You were pretty good at sneaking, considering your sensitive skin could tell if just about anything was approaching you. You turn down a hall when voices flutter up from the other end. Quickly ducking into a random room, you close the door and pause. Small whimpering paused as you turned around to find people doing.... Business. You squeak as the couple looks at you and the girl let's out a scream. Panicking, you look around for a way out as footsteps began to pound down the hallway. The man from the couple groans, annoyed. "Do the workers here have no common courtesy? And whats with that ridiculous outfit?" He stands up and makes his way for you as the door slams open. The man over the house pushes in through frightened girls. "What the hell? Who is that?" The girls around him whisper and you can make out the words, "(Y/N)" and "New girl." Locking eyes with the window directly behind the girl, you take a defensive stance against the man. "Get out of my way, or I will kick your ass, I don't have time for this." The man scoffs, "You, as a woman, could never actually step to my level."

He puffs out his chest and goes to grab you. Snatching his hand, you easily lift him, pull him over your shoulder, and slam him on the floor behind your body. Setting your foot on his chest with minimum pressure, you look at the rest of the people there. "There is so much more where that came from, so help me. I am leaving, now." The girls look at you shocked, and you gave a tempting look to the man who stood in the door. He gave you a shocked and fearful glance and you smile at him. Stepping off the man, you spit on the ground beside him. Kneeling beside the half-naked woman on the floor, you softly grab her hand and pull her up, blushing slightly when her kimono fell slightly open. Pulling her hand to your mouth, you look up at her with a soft gaze. "You shouldn't waste your time on men like him, find someone better." And with that you were gone. You had opened the window with a flash and climbed out. The women left behind, stood in the window with shocked and flustered faces. You smile and wink at them before jumping onto the roof. What could you say? You were a flirt among ladies.

The sky had gotten dark as you jumped among the houses hoping to find Uzui or any of the boys. You didn't find the boys; however, you found the man of the season. He stood outside an empty building before sighing softly and entering it. Dropping down, you stood outside the window and watched as the man cradled one of his sick wives. It was such an intimate moment that you felt wrong for watching it. You watched as he pulled the woman close before you shook your head and climbed back on the roof. You stared up at the stars, "I shouldn't impede on them and their moment." "Who's moment?" You jumped slightly and only now noticed the tingling of your skin. "I-I, nothing, no one." You stutter and look away from him. He chuckles and offers you a hand. Taking it, you pull yourself up and look up at him. "Im not trying to do anything behind Kyojurou's back. But the offers still on the table." He gives you a wink and you roll your eyes. "Not right now, Tengen." 

He laughs loudly before giving you a serious look. "Why didn't you leave? If you're still here...." You nod, "The boys are still here, I'm not sure where though." He shakes his head, and you give him confused look. "You didn't think we'd actually listen to you when you said leave... did you?" He rolls his eyes and crosses his arm. Chuckling, you give him a smirk, "You can't have everything your way, hm? That wouldn't be fair." He gives you a side look and laughs softly, "We can talk about it later, we have a demon to kill." The two of you share a look of determination. Tengen is the first to take off because honestly you didn't know where the hell you were going or where you were supposed to be. You just let him take the lead. You're caught off guard by his speed and strain to keep up with him. He was much faster than Kyojurou.

He sprinted across roof tops and balconies and only very seldomly did he stop to listen. You knew his hearing was far better than yours because of his breathing style. Having derived from thunder breathing, sound breathing users also had a heightened sense of hearing. If anyone near you was fighting, he would definitely hear it. Finally, after what seemed like thirty or so minutes, he stopped atop a rooftop that overlooked a common roadway. He looked back at you. His head turned slowly, and his eyes scanned the area. He turned to you, "Okay, (L/N). A small lesson to test your senses. There's a demon and a fight happening in this area could you tell me where it is occurring?" You gave him a bewildered look. "I-I don't think this is the time for this. Respectfully, of course." He shook his head and gestured for you to jump down onto the road. You rolled your eyes, "Not really the best time, as someone could be dying right now." He cut his eyes to you, and you gave him a sweet smile. "Stupid heightened hearing."

 He rolled his eyes and nudged you forward. Groaning, you leap down onto the dirt beneath you and immediately your body begins to slightly tingle. There was no demon or anybody at all in the space and you looked around confusedly. Sighing, you close your eyes and focus on the faint dancing on your flesh. You focused on your head and shoulders before moving over your chest and upper back. The further down your body you went, the stronger the tingles became. The soles of your feet felt as though bugs were crawling on them. Immediately snapping your head up, You look up at Tengen. Uzui drops beside you and gives you a waiting look. Pointing your finger to the ground, you roll your eyes. "There. It's under the ground, maybe a cave?" He gives you a smirk. "Good Job, you've got some senses on you. So, what is it? Hearing, Smell, oooo maybe you can taste it." Growling softly, you give him a dirty look. "I can feel it on my skin, the demon's scent, its aura, I can even feel yours. I have very sensitive skin." He chuckles, "Oh, really? I sure know how to deal with sensitive skin." Your face heats up and you cross your arms, expectantly.

He laughs loudly and boisterously, "Okay lets go."