{Entertainment District Arc // 10}

"Bend for me, flying blood sickles." Gyutarou's voice grated against your voice as you glared up at the two demons staring down at the two of you. Uzui stood with full confidence, blades ready. With no time, the demon was back at it again, sending the blades of blood flying in your direction. Uzui sprung to action deflecting every blade while his hand reached behind him, seeming to head for his back pocket. He pulled three tiny explosives from his pocket ready to launch them into the air. Bracing for the incoming explosion, you spin your sword with anticipation. Your body felt fuzzy from the tingling in your skin and the adrenaline coursing through your veins, and a smile found its way to your face. Tengen flung the explosives in the air before launching himself behind them. With a smooth twist of his body, he hit each explosive, sending a wave of heat through the air as the tiny round objects ignited on contact. Landing gracefully, he stood with his blades out, while you scurried to stand behind him, your own arms holding your blade and ready for action.

The building was dusty and through the smoke, you saw a ball of ribbon, presumingly protecting the demons from the blast. Tengen glanced at you with a smile on his face, "Wow, this might be harder than I thought." He turned back to the ball of cloth, "How flashy." Your eyebrows lifted as the ball of ribbon began to slowly unravel revealing the demons. Daki now sat perched on her older brother's shoulders. "The thing is, we fight together, and two uppermoons are better than two humans."

"Hm, you're starting to piss me off. You're a good-looking guy, you have four wives and that one beside you. On top of that, you're teeming with confidence," Gyutarou's eyebrows were furrowed as he glared at Uzui. "You're different, aren't you? You're not like any of the other Hashira I've slaughtered. You looked up at Tengen. His face was blank with an unreadable look in his eyes. Gyutarou continued, "Usually you have to train to get strong, but I'm sure you were born with strength. Being born with talent must be so lucky." Tengen just stared back at him with that same expression. Gyutarou's mouth curved into an excited smile, "I thought I was envious of you, but I'm so jealous right now, all I can think about is ripping you apart."

"Born with talent...?" Gyutarou's smile dropped and it was Tengen's turn to smile. "You think I have any talent to boast up?" He laughed. "If someone like me gives that impression, then your more out of touch than i thought." His eyes held a strange glow and you looked between the two, ready to fight. " You may be centuries old, but if you've been stuck in this district the whole time, youre ignorance makes sense." Daki growled, "What do you know about the real world?" Uzui's face turned sour. "I know it all too well." You glanced at him from the corner of your eye. "You have no idea. This country of ours, it's giant. It's full of people who would blow your mind. Some are a complete mystery, they can pick up a sword and become a Hashira in just two months". Your mind ran over all the Hashira. He was right. All the Hashira are strange, powerful people. Tengen grit his teeth, his eyebrows lowered in anger, "So you're saying I'm special? What a load of crap. Do you have any idea just how many lives have slipped through my fingers!?" His eyes turned slightly distant and you know he was thinking of something, or perhaps, someone. Your mind turned to Kyoujurou and a pang of sadness struck your chest. You missed him. So much.

"If you're not special, then how are you not dead?" Your focus was brought back to the demons in front of you. Gyutarou looked confused and enraged as his hands scratched aggressively at his neck. "Both of my Blood Sickles are drenched in deadly poison. I'm certain it's entered your bloodstream by now, so how are you not dead? HUH?" "Poison?" You froze and looked over to Tengen, who still staring just as confidently. "I said I'm a trained shinobi, didn't I? I immune to nearly all poisons." Daki spoke up in disbelief, "The shinobi were all wiped out years ago. Don't think you can lie to us." Tengen stood up straighter, "It's not a lie." His face turned to a smile once again, while sweat dripped down his face. Gyutarou's eyes glared at him before he smiled again and started laughing again. "What the hell are you laughing about?" "Slowly but surely the poison is working on you anyways," he chuckled. You looked over at Tengen with a worried expression. "The poisons working, isn't it?" Your eyes found the purple marks forming in the far corners of his face, sending a wave of anxiety through your body. Tengen stabbed the ground with his blade, assertively. "You're wrong, I feel fine. See? I could devour a hundred bowls of Tempura Udon right now. In a flashy way of course." He sprung forward swiftly, ready to attack, and you followed suit. Projecting yourself off the ground, you jumped into action.

Tengen spun his chained blade, ending with a slice that soared through the air upwards as the demons dodged. Following his lead, you leaped in the air, with your blade drawn upwards. Swinging your blade down, you aim for Daki. She blocks the swing with her belt glaring at you with disgust. "As if I'd ever let you touch me, you filthy rat." Tengen charged again, slicing for Gyutarou's face while landing behind him. Performing a perfect split in a matter of seconds, he kicked Daki in the stomach, causing her to fly off Gyutarou's shoulders. She gasped in pain and shock and you bolted forward to take advantage of the opening you had been giving. "Don't you dare lay a hand on my sister." Spinning your blade, you spring into the air. Daki sneered at you as you approached her, and belts flew through the air headed for both you and Tengen. Twisting you eluded each belt with grace. She moved out of your way as you swung your blade, causing a clean cut across her shoulder. Your blade was hot, your body was hot. You were gearing up.

You landed on your feet watching as Tengen threw more explosives out. The tiny objects headed for both Daki and Gyutarou. Gyutarous had figured them out by now, dodging each of them. Daki on the other hand, hit them with her belts. The explosion rang clear and Tengen took the time to attack, severing her head from her body, which had fallen limply on the ground. Gyutarou glared at Tengen, as he sprung forward. Tengen closed in with a horizontal slice, barely missing as the demon dodged backward. With great strength, Tengen switched from holding the handle of his blade to the tip of it, extending the blade even more, causing it to make contact with Gyutarou's neck. With anger and slight anxiety, Gyutarou deflected the blade with his arm. You scrambled to stand behind Tengen facing Daki with a glare. She had begun to throw another fit. "Hold on, you're onto us aren't you, Big guy?" You turned your head to look at Gyutarou while watching Daki out of our peripherals. Tengen had that same confident smile, "About what?" Gyutarou chuckled, "Don't think you knowing our trick will do you any good." Realization struck you, "Beheading them at the same time, that makes so much sense." Gyutarou spoke, "Even now we're getting closer and closer to your inevitable death, aren't we?"

A thump vibrated the air, causing all heads in the party to turn. In the hole in the wall, stood Zenitsu, who was notably asleep, and an excited Inosuke, "are you sure about that??" Inosuke spoke loudly. "Who the hell are these two idiots?" Daki and Gyutarou looked slightly stunned. The sound of running caught your attention as you glanced around the room. Tanjirou had jumped into the room from the roof up ahead, landing gracefully.

In a flashy way.