Chapter 22

•Nolani•

Since that day a month ago where Giovanni thanked me for being honest I haven't felt so... out of place. I've slowly eased into living here, I've even ordered decor and placed it piece by piece throughout the home until it felt a little more like my own. Giovanni hasn't been as rude with me as he was before but I still don't see him very often. We went to another gala a couple days ago and I wore another dressed picked by him. It had a sheer deep violet colored overlay on top of a nude fabric that matched the color of my skin. Tiny violet beads were embroidered into the overlay from the bodice to the hem of the mermaid style skirt. Each dress he chose was more beautiful than the last it seemed. I'd never been with a man who even thought twice about what I chose to wear to an event much less hand picking the clothing himself. I even asked Angelo if it was for sure Giovanni picking the gowns because I was baffled over the thought and he told me it was. Giovanni always seemed so busy but each time we had an event to go to he had taken time out of his schedule to find me a dress.

I still haven't seen Jade in person but I also haven't asked due to her being out of the country for her latest story. I'm hoping I get to see her soon though, I miss my best friend. Alessia and Viola have the entire baby shower planned now, everything's booked, the decorations have been purchased and the dates been set. I haven't been back to Rafael's house since I ran out of there crying, I just haven't found the courage to face my issues yet so for now I ignore them.

My days are still long and boring but today is the day I hopefully get to find out the genders of my babies, as long as they cooperate. I could've done the blood test and found out weeks ago but I wanted to see them when I found out, so I opted to wait until the anatomy ultrasound where Dr. Gellar said the ultrasound technician would be checking their organs and getting measurements. I'm so excited I could barely sleep last night. I have the cutest little bump now and while I do love it it's made wearing clothes much more difficult. Designers have had numerous packages delivered to my house where Angelo had to go and retrieve them. Alessia helped me open the various boxes to reveal beautiful clothes that will accentuate my growing stomach throughout my pregnancy. They all included notes of congratulations but really they just want me to posts pictures wearing the clothes on my social media accounts.

Today I choose a long sleeved stretchy jersey knit dress with yellow sunflowers all over it. I pair it with a thick cream colored cable knit cardigan and camel colored boots. I put on a light layer of makeup to conceal the blemishes on my face. I don't know who lied but I most definitely am not glowing while pregnant. Viola says the old wives tale claims if you have clear, glowing skin while pregnant it's a boy but if you breakout it's a girl so she's got her mind made up that at least one of them is a girl. I've finally compiled a list of baby names that I've fallen in love with so I'm prepared for any variation of genders.

Giovanni is seated at the table when I enter the kitchen, a steaming cup of coffee placed in front of him while he types furiously on his phone. His brow is dipped in concentration, his amber eyes shielded by a long curtain of dark lashes and I feel sorry for whomever is on the receiving end of his message as his entire body radiates a wave of anger. One of the twins sends a sharp kick into my ribs and I wince and dig my fingers against the spot. Their movement went from flutters to hard kicks much faster than I expected. The first time I experienced the sensation it completely took me by surprise, so much so that Giovanni went into a fit of panic thinking something was wrong with the babies. My mind goes back to that night and I have to fight a smile.

I was stretched out on the couch watching Outer Banks with a bowl of green grapes resting on my stomach, my latest craving. Giovanni entered the house with Matteo trailing behind him, Matteo walked through the living room and disappeared down the hall but Giovanni removed his suit jacket and took a seat at the opposite end of the couch. He loosened his tie before slipping it over his head and tossing it onto the coffee table with a sigh and a weary look on his face. Alessia was right when she said Giovanni was stressed, I don't know that I have ever seen him actually relax.