Chapter 5

•Nolani•

My boobs are so sore.

I let out a quiet groan of relief as I jerk my bra through the sleeves of my top. This uncomfortable wired contraption has to go! Who even invented bras anyway?

"Are you okay, Nola?" Quinn, my personal assistant, asks from outside the stall.

Yes, I'm removing my bra in a public restroom, sue me. My boobs have been so sore I can barely function most days, the lightest touch against them is horrible. My boobs usually get sore around the time I get my period but this is ten times worse than that. I'm not even looking forward to doing fashion week in Milan. Runway shows are extremely hectic and the designers dress us like we're rag dolls, I'm going to end up punching someone I just know it. I shove the evil object into my tote bag and step out of the stall.

"Perfect, just had to forgo the bra." I reply face to face with Quinn.

His eyebrows shoot up in surprise. Other than Jade, Quinn is my best friend even as my assistant. Quinn was in California visiting his parents the week I found out I was pregnant and with G's words in mind I hadn't enlightened him on my current situation. Keeping this from him is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, we usually tell each other everything.

He smirks. "Honey, if I was a girl I'd never wear one. Free the titties!"

I laugh. "Some tops don't look right on me without a bra but otherwise yes, free the titties."

We exit the bathroom and I almost walk into Alina Popov, she's a new face in the modeling world coming from Russia. I've done a few jobs with her and while she looks fierce most of the time with her sharp features and steel blue eyes she's actually really nice.

"I'm sorry." I apologize, grasping Quinn's bicep and stepping out of the way.

Her eyes widen. "That's okay." She replies and scurries into the restroom.

Angelo pushes away from the wall he had been leaned against while we were in the restroom and steps behind me.

"Have you received my itinerary for fashion week yet?" I ask Quinn as we walk through the lobby.

"Yes, I emailed it to you yesterday which I also told you this morning when we met up, are you okay?" He gives me a weird look.

Crap, he's right! I mentally face palm at my slip up. I'd heard about pregnancy brain but I didn't realize it would start this early.

"I'm just stressed about all the upcoming events, my schedule is about to be super hectic." I ramble off with the first excuse that comes to mind.

Quinn stops me by the hand and pulls me into a tight hug. My eyes water at so much pressure on my poor pitiful boobs but I ignore it the best I can. The light smell of his cologne wraps around me and I almost word vomit the real reason I'm acting the way I am. I have the urge to tell him but G's warning is blaring in my head like an alarm so I don't.

"Honey, you let me stress about your schedule not you. Okay? I've got everything under control." He reassures.

I nod and sigh in relief as he pulls away. I don't think I've ever had to actually worry about my schedule. I've never had to worry about getting to each meeting or shoot on time because Quinn always makes sure I'm there when I should be.

"Now come on let's go get a sandwich and do a little shopping, retail therapy always makes you feel better!" He exclaims.

My taste buds protest at even the thought of a sandwich. I need a big juicy burger, with bacon and mushrooms— extra mushrooms.