Chapter 15

•Nolani•

I shove a spoonful of strawberry ice cream in my mouth and glance around the nursery. The bare walls are already gray so I'll just leave them and maybe add some pops of color here and there. I definitely want a rug and one of those comfy rocking chairs I saw at the furniture store so I can rock them to sleep. Both cribs and one dresser got put together but the rest remain in their boxes. The guys were working on putting them together when Giovanni got a call and they all fled from the room like their asses were on fire.

The changing table box had been opened but nothing was removed yet. I haven't seen any of the guys except Angelo all morning so I'm not sure when they'll have the time to finish everything. Not that I'm complaining because I had a dirty dream while napping on the couch and I'm glad they weren't here to catch me in the act. Oh my god was that dream hot though. I can still feel his teeth biting into the tender flesh on my neck, the sting of pain radiating from my scalp as his fingers gripped my hair— tugging my head backward toward the headboard. My unconscious mind keeps releasing snippets of that night and I'm a little addicted to it minus the fact that I always wake up just before I orgasm.

I fan my face as I grow hot and I shake my head as if that can clear the scene from my mind. I need a distraction. My eyes go back to the nursery furniture, what better way to distract myself than with assembling a changing table. It can't be that hard as long as I follow the instructions.

I pull the box to the center of the room and start removing the pieces, placing them neatly on the floor. A skim through the instruction manual tells me I need a Philips screwdriver and luckily the guys fled the room yesterday without taking the toolbox Matteo had placed by the door so I quickly dig out the tool and get to work. Angelo steps in the room and tries to help me but I refuse to let him, I can do this all on my own.

Thirty minutes later I'm nose deep in parts and halfway through a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when my phone rings with an incoming FaceTime call. I lick peanut butter off my fingers and answer it quickly, scrunching my nose up at my face. I shouldn't look so tired after taking a nap fifteen minutes before I came into the nursery.

Jade's face pops up on the screen, her dark hair covered with a bucket hat that's decorated in embroidered Daisy's and her glasses perched on the bridge of her nose.

"Hey baby mama, what are you doing?" She asks, pulling a red sucker from her mouth.

"I'm putting the twins changing table together." I reply, flipping the camera around so she can see my half done masterpiece before turning it back to me.

This things more complicated than I expected but I'm managing.

Her red stained lips tilt up into a smirk, "Aren't you worried it will fall apart since you're the one putting it together?"

I roll my eyes. "That happened one time! We were sipping champagne so I was a little tipsy and you were helping so you can't blame only me. I'm obviously sober and I'm following the instructions word for word, thank you very much. What are you doing?"

I can hear the sound of waves in the background, the sun is beaming down on her face and glaring against her glasses.

Jade flips her own camera around to give me a view of the beach from her balcony. It looks so pretty, I wish I was on the beach right now. I'd love to just lie back and soak up the sun, listen to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. I don't think I've ever just sat and enjoyed the moment while at the beach. I constantly kept myself busy because when I'm not working I'm afraid it'll all come crashing down around me and I'll end up homeless again.