Chapter 38

•Giovanni•

"I don't have time for this." I mumble under my breath.

"Vincenzo said she was raising hell, you have to make time for it." Nico huffs, hearing me even over the hum of the cars engine.

After seeing Nolani in her pajamas which consisted of a pale pink silk tank top and matching pair of shorts that molded to her hips and breasts deliciously like they were tailored specifically for her, all I wanted to do was carry her to my bed and devour her. I can still taste her on my tongue, the musky sweetness lingers on my tastebuds, filling my head with the sound of her moans, and it's the best torture. When I finally managed to pull myself away from her I found Nico already waiting for me by my car, Vincenzo had also called him when I didn't answer his first call although my phone only rang once.

I heave an annoyed sigh. "She's going to get us shot over a misunderstanding or make me put a bullet through her husbands fucking forehead."

I see him shake his head from the corner of my eye. "You knew better than to get caught up with her without speaking to her Papá first. I warned you it was a bad idea."

I've only heard that same damn sentence about a thousand times since I first met Vittoria. Mamma even scolded me over seeing her. 'She doesn't act like a proper Italian woman, Giovanni', she'd say. Now look at her with Nolani who isn't Italian, she loves her, she even fussed at me to treat her right as if I'd do anything but.

I shoot a glare over at him in the passenger seat looking smug. "I thought I loved her."

"You never loved her, you liked the thrill of her back talking because most good Italian girls know better than to run their mouths to a made man." Nico scoffs. "I'm surprised she's still alive with that mouth of hers."

I have to agree with him. Mouthing off usually got a woman back handed by a made man. I like it though because no one else speaks to me that way. Nolani's smart mouth gets my dick hard every time, I want to fuck the attitude out of her when she snaps at me. One of the main differences between her and Vittoria is Tori is crazy as hell. She shaved her best friends head because she cut her hair into a similar style to Tori's. She ran my phone over with her car when she thought I was talking to another woman even though I truly wasn't. Where Nolani is soft and genuine, Tori is mean and vindictive.

I pull up to the apartment building where Vincenzo said she was at and stop in front of the entrance. Before I can even put the car I park I see a violet high heeled shoe go flying through the air and smacking against the glass window of the entryway. It ricochets off, the glass being much thicker than it appears, and falls to the sidewalk.

"Cazzo." I mutter at the sight as I put the car in park and toss the valet the keys.

A feminine voice lets out a string of unintelligible Italian before a squeal and a fury of brown hair flies in my direction. A weight hits me hard, a pair of breasts smash into my chest, arms wrap around my neck and two hazel-green eyes blink up at me like I hold all the answers to life in the palm of my hand.

"Gio, they wouldn't let me in the building. I tried to tell them we were lovers but they refused to listen!" She exclaims, the two security guards for the building rolling their eyes behind her.

They work for me and are well aware of who my fiancée is.

I purse my lips as Tori leans heavily against me. "What are you doing here?" I ask, reaching back to grab her wrists and remove her arms from me.

She stumbles to the side wearing only one shoe and I quickly grasp her waist so she doesn't tumble onto the pavement, even though the thought of watching her fall is tempting. Lucky for her Mamma taught me better.