Chapter 41

•Giovanni•

"What's wrong, G?" Riot asks as I end the call with Matteo, clutching the phone so tightly it makes a crackling noise.

My entire body vibrates with anger, it takes every thread of strength I have not to pick up one of the stools by the island and sling it through the window. Mamma would kill me for damaging Rafael's things and it would only make me feel worse. Cazzo. I hate moles.

"I know who the mole is." I state with a sharp edge to my voice.

Surprise flickers across Dante's face but I ignore it.

"Call Vincenzo and have him track the Rover, Nolani's phone and Matteo's phone." I demand stalking out of the room. "Angelo forced Matteo to take them out of the community."

Saying the words out loud makes me want to scream.

"Okay, but who's the fucking mole?" Riot shouts the question as I exit the house, anger bleeding into the ground from every step I take.

I hate being made a fool and He's definitely succeed in doing just that. Cazzo. How'd I not connect the dots before now? Probably because I've been more focused on Nolani and the pregnancy than anything else. She wiggled her way into my head and hasn't left since I came home to see her in my living room talking to Leo. I watched the cameras in my living room on the ride to my house and listened as she sassed my youngest brother. So pretty and annoyed as she waited impatiently for me to arrive. Intrigue hit me in the gut and I knew then that she would be trouble.

I grind my molars together. "Think about it for a minute, fratello, it'll click. I'm going to check the footage on my cameras and see exactly when they left so I know how long they've been gone. Meet me at my house when you get everyone to leave."

(Fratello: brother)

The walk from Rafael's to my house doesn't cool my temper in the least. I feel like a volcano, magma bubbling and rising, pressure building up and up. God have fucking mercy on this city when I erupt because I will eliminate every single person in my path. I shove down the urge to kick the front door in as I stomp inside my house. I go straight to my office and bring the computer to life, my grip on the mouse so tight it creaks in protest under my anger. I pull up the folder where all the security feed for the community is automatically saved. I fast forward, watching intently for something out of the ordinary and then there it is. Angelo follows Nolani into her room. I pour a few fingers of whiskey into a tumbler and replay the footage with the sound on, sipping on the liquor as she asks him to help her with the knob on her shower. The longer I watch the angrier I become, she packs Romes things and then carries a slip of paper into my room. I pause the footage and retrieve the note, quickly scanning it as I take my seat again.

I need some time away to think but I'll be back. Please don't come looking for me, it will only make things worse and don't be mad at Angelo.
— Nola

I toss the note on my desk and swallow the remaining whiskey in my glass before pressing play on the footage again. I watch the short fight between Angelo and Matteo. Matteo is my best guard but Angelo out maneuvers him easily which is the reason I had him training my men before Rome was born, now he refuses to leave Nolani. He takes Matteo's gun and phone and forces him in the SUV. The Rover sits for a moment before Matteo pulls out of the driveway and drives off. I close out of the video and pull up the footage for the camera at the gate. Matteo stops and talks to the guard as if everything's normal, the guard can clearly see Angelo's in the passenger seat and the dumbass lets them leave. Nolani's two main guards and he just let them out of the fucking community as if it were normal.