I-Island Love (Part 4)

(It's short but I've been procrastinating on finishing these bonus chapters, so here's the finally)

(Y/n)'s POV

After about 4 days, and a lot of laughs, our little visit to I-Island came to an end. It was a lot of fun learning about the relationship between Netsu and Melissa, that and teasing him endlessly and also coming to the pretty terrifying realization that I am indeed my mother's offspring.

Me and Netsu were packing all our luggage in preparation to leave. I spoke.

(Y/n): ya know, if you ever need a wingman, you don't have to trick me with a vacation to get me to tag along.

Netsu sighed.

Netsu: why do I feel like you're not gonna let me live this down?

(Y/n): oh, I gonna this story on your wedding day...and your funeral.

Netsu: that's to say you'll out live me.

(Y/n): hey, we'll just have to see what happens.

There was a brief moment of silence as I finished packing and closed my suit case.

Netsu: hey, (y/n)...

I turned to him.

(Y/n): yeah, man?

Netsu: thanks...for being here for me.

I smiled and wrapped my arm around his shoulder.

(Y/n): hey, I know you'd do the same for me.

Netsu: well, I wouldn't go that far. I don't know a lot about rich girls.

(Y/n): I'm not sure, but given who here dad is, Melissa's probably rich too.

Netsu: eh, it'd feel weird if I asked.

After that we left our hotel room and turned in our keys. We then made our way to the airstrip, where our plane was waiting. As we arrived Netsu noticed Melissa and her father standing outside our plane.

Netsu: hey, what're you two doing here?

David: Melissa wanted to say goodbye before you left. As for me, I wanted to speak with you for a second, Netsu.

I looked over. Netsu's patented nervous expression returned.

(Y/n): not again.

I just took his suit case before Melissa's father pulled Netsu aside, just out of earshot from me and Melissa.

(Y/n): any idea what that's about?

Melissa: nope.

I watched as her dad spoke with Netsu. I noticed as he spoke Netsu's face turned a bit pink before he put on a surprised expression. Soon after the look of surprise turned to a smile and the conversation seemed to end with Netsu shaking his hand.

They both walked back over to us.

David: well, I've got some stuff I need to do in the lab. It was nice meeting you two.

We both waved as he left. Now it was just me, Melissa, and Netsu.

Melissa looked at Netsu and smiled.

Melissa: it was great seeing you in person instead of behind a screen.

Netsu: yeah, this was fun.

Melissa: call me when you get home, ok.

Netsu: you got it, I'll see you later.

Netsu began walking towards the plane, but he was quickly halted by me suddenly grabbing the back of his shirt.

Netsu: hey!

(Y/n): we're not leaving yet.

Netsu: what, why not.

(Y/n): you know what you have to do.

Netsu looked at me, a bit confused. That is until it dawned on him exactly what I was talking about. He turned to Melissa, a bit of red on his cheeks.

Netsu took a deep breath before walking over to Melissa. He put a hand on her cheek before closing his eyes and giving her the privilege of being his first kiss.

I could tell Melissa was a bit surprised by this, but she soon closed her eye and wrapped her arms around Netsu's neck. After a bit, they both pulled away. Both of their faces had large smiles and a bit of blush. They were looking at each other like neither of them wanted the other to go.

Eventually, they let go of one another and Netsu walked back over to me. I patted him in the back. He turned back to Melissa one more time.

Netsu: see you soon.

Her smile showed that she couldn't wait.

Me and Netsu boarded the plane. After taking our seats and taking off, I actually remembered something.

(Y/n): hey, Netsu...

He turned to me.

(Y/n): what did Melissa's dad say to you?

His smile grew.

Netsu: ...he gave me his blessing.