Chapter 51: Innocence

(y/n)'s POV

I have no idea how long it's been, a couple of weeks, maybe a month, hell I've probably been here for a whole year. The sun never sets in this place, and I don't need sleep, but either way I'm absolutely exhausted. I've been running from those...things for so long. After Plague just up and left me here that's all I've been doing. No matter where I hide they always seem to know where I am.

I managed to climb onto the roof of one of the buildings and look over the horizon. This place seems to go on forever, nothing but a maze of buildings as far as the eye can see.

I could only imagine what Plague was doing with my body. I don't know how he's able to see and hear everything I do whenever I'm in control, but for whatever reason I can't do that.

I was in the middle of running for my life from a group of like 20 phobias. I could feel 1 behind me as it tried to grab me with its claws, thankfully missing.

I quickly made a sharp left turn into a narrow alleyway. The phobias made an attempt to follow me, only for them to get stuck between the walls and each other.

(Y/n): HA, SUCK IT!

About 2 seconds after saying that, the bodies of the phobias that were stuck shifted to a more gelatinous form, allowing them slip right through.

(Y/n): OH, COME ON!

I quickly turned around and continued sprinting further down the alley. I climbed a ladder and began running up the fire escape of 1 building with the phobias climbing up the side of the building after me. I got to the roof and kept running.

I jumped from rooftop to rooftop, not even daring to look back and see if they were still after me. Suddenly, as I was running, a single roof tile slid from under my feet, which resulted in me falling over and sliding off the roof onto the hard, cold street.

(Y/n): AH, DAMNIT!

I looked around for a brief moment and saw what looked to be a movie theater. I could tell the phobias weren't too far behind me, so I quickly got up and stumbled my way inside the theater. I got inside and shut the door behind me. I knew it has only a matter of time before they found me again, but I had to get as much rest as possible.

I looked around again. I seemed to be near the concession stand of the theater. I walked closer to it and saw that a lot of the snacks were gone. I decided to look around a little more.

I walked down the long hallway and looked up to see what the screenings were. It was weird, there were no titles, just dates. I looked at 1 in particular.

July, 14, 2138

I decided to head inside and see exactly what it was. I opened the door and saw the screen illuminating most of the room, the projector at the back of the room shined through a pane of glass.

I looked at the seats, all were empty. I kept looking around until I heard a little crinkling noise, like someone trying to open a plastic wrapper. My head quickly turned to look at the source. I tiptoed a little closer and saw someone sitting in the 5th row, looking at the screen while putting candy into their mouth. I whispered.

(Y/n): ...hey.

The person's head shot around to looked at me in what seemed to be surprise mixed with terror. They were wearing a hood and cloak that covered most of their face. They looked to be about 3 feet tall, probably just a kid.

Immediately after seeing my face they got up from their seat and ran

(Y/n): HEY!

I chased after them, even though I was sprinting they were still really damn fast. They burst through the theater doors and into the streets before turning right and continuing to run.