Chapter 45: Untraceable

(Y/n)'s POV

After meeting with Zenko and him telling about Mr. Sleepwalker, I immediately went back to UA, where I began helping with the rest of the effects team. It lasted so long that the sun had already gone down by the time we were almost done, and needless to say...I was exhausted.

(Y/n): so tired...

Koda: why don't you go to bed?

(Y/n): I don't wanna just leave you guys to do all the work.

Sero: it's really fine, man. If you need to sleep then sleep.

(Y/n): are you guys sure?

Todoroki: of course, you can't work if you're not in the right headspace to do so.

(Y/n): ha, you sound like Iida, Frosty.

Kirishima: alright, head to bed, man!

I got up from my spot on the couch in the common area and walk toward the elevator. It dinged open and Momo and Jiro stepped out.

Yaoyorozu: oh, hey (y/n). Me and Jiro just finish practice for the day. We were just about to take a walk. Want to join us?

I was barely able to keep my eyes open so I declined her invitation.

(Y/n): I'd really love to, but I'm absolutely exhausted. Maybe tomorrow.

They walked out of the dorm and I took the elevator up to my room, where I practically flopped onto my bed and immediately fell asleep.

Yaoyorozu's POV

I was walking down the path with Jiro beside me.

Jiro: I just think Bakugo needs to cool it with the drums. Whenever we're trying to play he just goes crazy on them. Guy needs to chill out.

Yaoyorozu: don't let him hear you say that. Other than Bakugo, everything's going smoothly. We still have a long while before the festival so we can get plenty of practice in until then.

We suddenly stopped when we began to her rustling in bushes near by.

Yaoyorozu: what's that noise.

Jiro: 20 bucks says it's that little hobgoblin trying to peep on us. HEY PERVERT, YOU BETTER GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE WE REPORT YOU TO AIZAWA!

The rustling then stopped, the path was completely silent except for the buzzing from the street lamps. After a few agonizingly long seconds, the silence was broken by a quiet, but noticable chuckle, which soon turned into a crazed cackling.

Suddenly, a sickle attached to a long chain launched out of a bush and wrapped around one of the street lamps, followed by a figure sprinting out of the bushes and using the chain to swing into the air before landing on the metal pole of the street lamp.

Jiro: uh, that's not Mineta.

The cloth mask covering his face and the chains wrapped around his arms gave away exactly who this guy was.

Yaoyorozu: you...you're Mr. Sleepwalker, aren't you?!

Sleepwalker: hahaha, in the flesh.

Jiro: how did a villain like you get passed the UA barrier?!

Sleepwalker: I have my ways. However, I try not to converse with my prey.

Yaoyorozu: well, you should know when to pick your battles. We're UA students, trained to win any fight.

Sleepwalker: I wouldn't get too cocky, you have no idea what I'm capable of.

Suddenly, he threw one of his sickles at me. I blocked it by creating some armor around my forearm.

Sleepwalker: oh, clever girl.

He then leaped off of the street lamp and ran towards me. He began frantically swinging his sickle. I created a long sword and blocked his strikes.

Sleepwalker: you're a pretty capable little hero, aren't you, but you can't keep this up for long. Sooner or later you're gonna...SLIP UP!

He then crouched down and swept my legs, causing me to fall onto my back. When I tried to get back up he slammed his boot onto my chest.

Sleepwalker: you may be training to become a hero, but you're still nothing but a student.

Jiro then stuck her earphone jack in his ears, but nothing was happening.

Jiro: w-why isn't this working?!

He turned to Jiro

Sleepwalker: oh, it's working, I'm just not responding to it.

I saw an opportunity, he was distracted. I quickly created several tubes from my arms and launched fireworks into the air. They exploded, the combination of loud noise and bright lights was sure to get the attention of the teachers and other students.

Yaoyorozu: the hero's will be here soon!

He then smile and stepped off of me.

Sleepwalker: hahaha...HAHAHAHAHA! YOU THINK I CARE, THE PROS CAN'T STOP ME! NOBODY CAN!

He turned to Jiro again and sprinted toward her. Suddenly, a carbon fiber scarf wrapped around him, stopping his movements. He turned around and so did we. There stood Mr. Aizawa.

Aizawa: I don't know how you managed to get passed UA's security defenses, but you're under arrest.

Sleepwalker: oh, is that so?

In the blink of an eye, he unwrapped Aizawa's scarf from around his body and ran toward him, dodging any attacks sent his way. He managed to get Aizawa down onto his stomach somehow, before grabbing him by the hair and placing the bladed end of his sickle against his neck.

Sleepwalker: see? Nobody can stop me, not even a highly trained hero like you?

Just before he finished off Aizawa his head shot up as we all began hearing loud footsteps not too far away. He sighed before letting Aizawa go.

Sleepwalker: looks like I must take my leave, but this is not the end. I've yet to complete my mission, and soon he'll understand...you all will.

He then ran off into the forest and out of sight.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) catching some Z's

I woke up to the sun pouring in through my window. I sat up and stretched a bit before going down to the common area, only to see it practically crawling with heros and police officers. I was confused, so I found Kirishima and asked him what was going on.

Kirishima: that Mr. Sleepwalker guy managed to get into UA and attacked Yaoyorozu and Jiro.

My heart sunk and I felt goosebumps all around my body. I grabbed Kirishima by the shoulders and shook him.

(Y/n): WHERE ARE THEY, ARE THEY OK?!

Kirishima: y-yeah, man. They're right over there.

He pointed over to one of the tables in the common area and there sat Jiro and Momo being questioned by Zenko. I ran over to them, nearly tripping on my own feet. Zenko saw me and stood up.

Zenko: hey kid.

(Y/n): Zenko, what the hell happened?!

Momo stood up from her seat.

Yaoyorozu: me and Jiro were just taking a walk when that maniac came out of nowhere and tried you kill us.

I rushed over to Momo and hugged her tightly.

(Y/n): I'm so glad you're ok!

Zenko cleared his throat before speaking again.

Zenko: we've got Hound Dog going around the forest, trying to sniff him out, but he hasn't found anything yet.

(Y/n): any idea how he got through the barrier?

Zenko: well, a prevailing theory is that he just hurled himself over it and got in. We're planning on having officers patrol the entire campus over night.

I was still a bit uneasy. There's no way he could just go over the barrier, if it was that easy there'd be villain attacks constantly. Something was up, and nobody knew what.