Chapter 42: Worried Sick

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up to a strange beeping sound nearby. The more I regained consciousness the louder the sound got. I opened my eyes and I sat up. I looked around, I was laying in a hospital bed with a heartrate monitor attached to my arm.

I rubbed my forehead.

(Y/n): ugh, what the hell happened?

Just then, the door to my room opened and Zenko walked in, along with Mr. Aizawa.

Zenko: oh, you're finally awake.

They both walked over to me.

(Y/n): what happened?

Aizawa: you lost control again.

(Y/n): seriously?

Zenko: yeah, killed one of the Hassaikai too before trying to do the same to Chisaki.

(Y/n): wait, did we do it, did we stop the Hassaikai?

Zenko: yep, we won and got Eri to safety.

(Y/n): good, ya know I'm surprised. With everything that happened, I funny to think we all made it out alive.

Zenko and Aizawa looked at each other with a gaze that basically said that they knew something I didn't.

(Y/n): ...oh no, who was it?

Zenko looked down.

Zenko: ...Nighteye...he was fighting Chisaki when...he took a spike to the gut. It was a miracle that he lasted as long as he did.

Aizawa: but we wouldn't have completed the mission if it wasn't for him. Eri wouldn't be safe if he wasn't there to fend off Chisaki even if it wasn't for long.

I looked down. Zenko put his hand on my shoulder.

Zenko: hey, quit looking so down. If it weren't for him our future wouldn't be as bright as it is now.

The room fell silent for a bit.

Aizawa: anyway, the doctor said that you had some major lacerations and a bit of a concussion. Luckily it was nothing fatal, should heal up on it's own.

(Y/n): ok, how's everyone else.

Aizawa: everyone else is fine, nothing too major. However, during his fight with Chisaki, Mirio was hit with a more permanent variation of the quirk erasing bullets.

(Y/n): so he lost his quirk?

Aizawa nodded.

I was shocked. I understand a person having their quirk erased for a brief moment, but having it disappear completely, I had no idea what to think.

After being filled in on what happened myself and the work study students were free to head back to campus, but not before some questioning by the police?

We got back to our dorms and walked inside to see everyone in the common area.

Mineta: THERE YOU GUYS ARE!

Everyone in the class immediately ran over to us.

Mineta: IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU SHOWED UP!

Yaoyorozu: all of us were worried about you.

Kaminari: yeah, we saw the news.

Ashido: it looked terrifying!

Sero: is anyone hurt?!

Mineta: what trouble makers!

Aoyama: tell us everything.

Sato held up a cake.

Sato: I made this for you, it's a double chocolate cake.

Kaminari: first Kamino and now that Yakuza? You guys are always getting in such crazy situations, do you know how much that scares us.

Midoriya: yeah, we're so sorry.

As everybody was practically yelling about how worried they were I felt something wrap around my arm. I looked and saw Momo.

Yaoyorozu: (y/n), can I talk to you for a minute?

(Y/n): uh, sure, what's up!

Yaoyorozu: no, outside.

(Y/n): oh God.

Momo led me outside and before I knew it she had her arms wrapped around me and her head buried into my chest, crying.

Yaoyorozu: I'm so glad you're ok! You had me worried sick!

I was a little surprised. She wasn't acting like this when we were inside. She probably didn't want our classmates to she her like this. I responded by hugging her back and stroking her hair.

(Y/n): listen, I'm sorry for making you worry. Like I said yesterday, I swore to secrecy, so I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to, but I'm fine, the doctors said I only had some lacerations and a concussion, that's it.

Yaoyorozu: but still...

She looked up at me.

Yaoyorozu: please, promise me you'll be more careful next time.

I scratched the back of my head.

(Y/n): well, when you're a hero you can't really keep a promise like that...but I'll try my best.

She hugged me tighter.

Yaoyorozu: thank you.

(Y/n): alright, now let's head back inside.

Me and Momo walked back inside only to see Iida yelling at Midoriya, which wasn't too surprising.