Chapter 49: Smiles For Everyone

Midoriya's POV

The day after the meeting, we all gathered in front of the abandoned sheet metal factory that Netsu told us about. Everyone on the scene was given a respirator to protect themselves from Plague's quirk.

I looked around, at everyone. Patient Zero and Midnight were seemingly trying to comfort each other before going into this, Zenko was consulting the small group of sidekicks he brought along, and the rest of the heros were just standing around waiting. Plague obviously knew we were here, anyone would notice a bunch of hero standing at their front door.

Kirishima was standing next to me, he spoke.

Kirishima: man, this is a lot to handle. We're literally going in to fight one of our classmates.

???: I just hope we won't have to hurt him too bad.

We both looked over saw Netsu walking over to us.

Kirishima: oh, hey Netsu.

Midoriya: hey, you know (y/n) the best out of all of us, any ideas on how we can beat this guy?

He looked down.

Netsu: well, I knew about Plague, but I've never actually had any sort interaction with him.

Kirishima: damn.

Midoriya: hm, but what about those 2 other people you saw the other day?

Netsu: yeah, I have no idea who they are or what they're doing here. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

After a few more minutes Zenko walked to the front.

Zenko: alright, this is it, but before we go in there, remember this guy is extremely dangerous. 1 whiff of that mist and your dead. Everyone got their respirators?

Everyone nodded.

Zenko: good, any questions?

Endeavor: this is pointless, why are we out here talking when we can just burst through that door and have him delt with by now?

Zenko: Endeavor, we can't just-

Byoki: Endeavor, I swear to God, if you seriously injure my son just to expand that ego of yours, your ass is grass.

Endeavor: you want to repeat that, Patient Zero?!

Byoki: oh, I think you heard me, I don't give a damn if you're the new number one!

Endeavor and Patient Zero began marching toward one another, seemingly about to start a brawl. Zenko and Midnight quickly ran over to them and started pushed and pulling them away from each other. All the heros present just watched as they were arguing back and forth.

Suddenly, it all stopped when we began to hear a noticeable giggling. We looked up and saw 2 figures standing on the edge of the roof.

???: Hehehehe, would you look at that, what do we have here, Hope?

???: Looks like a few people who need a good laugh, Joy.

They both took a single step forward and walked off of the roof. They landed in front of the door to the factory. It was a man and a woman. They were both wearing track suit with smiley face patches stitched onto the chest.

Zenko: who the hell are you two?

They both raised their heads, revealing massive grins on both of their faces. The man spoke first.

Hope: I'm Hope!

Joy: I'm Joy!

Hope/Joy: and we're...