Chapter 5: The Sports Festival

(Y/n)'s POV

A few days after my first day at UA, Kirashima and Kaminari had finally woken up. They were properly briefed on what happened during the mock battle and continued with classes.

Anyway, it's actually been a little over a week since my first day because the students of UA were given a few days to train for the school's annual sports festival.

The main reason for the festival was to get students recommended by hero agencies.

I managed to come up with a few new methods of using my quirk. I may not be able to stop my virus from exiting my body, but I'm able to force it out of the pores in my skin. The drawback however is that if I do it too much my skin gets really itchy.

I woke up to my alarm clock going off. I hit the snooze and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I reached for the prescription bottle that I keep on my nightstand and swallowed 1 of the pills.

I got dressed and made my way downstairs where my parents were waiting for me.

Nemuri: morning, sweetie. How'd you sleep?

(Y/n): like a baby.

Byoki: good, you're gonna need it today. The sports festival is gonna leave you feeling sore for a week.

(Y/n): no pain, no gain.

Nemuri: good luck today. Me and your dad will be rooting for you.

I nodded as I ate my breakfast and left the house when I was done.

(Y/n): ok, today's the sports festival. It's time to prove myself and show the hero agencies what I can do.

Then I remembered what principal Nezu told me.

Nezu: try to hold back during the sports festival. I'm aware of your inability to control it, but please try to keep your quirk contained as best you can.

(Y/n): I'll have to try my best to keep my quirk under control.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) struggling to put on the UA gym uniform

Me and the rest of the first year classes walked out onto the field of this massive arena. I patted my hips to make sure that the holsters holding my knives were nice and secure. I registered my knives as support gear so they approved of me having them in the sports festival.

It's not like I was planning to cheat and stab another student to get first place or anything like that.

As we walked out onto the middle of the field Sero walked up to me.

Sero: hey, man.

(Y/n): hey dude. What's up?

During the short time I've been at UA, Sero kinda became my closest friend at this school. We even trained for the sports festival together.

Sero: so you excited or what?

(Y/n): yeah, the students from the other classes look like quite the competition.

Sero: ah, don't worry about them. We're in class 1-A for a reason.

Everyone went quiet as Present Mic spoke loudly over the speakers.

Present Mic: LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL UA FIRST-YEAR SPORTS FESTIVAL!

The people in the stands cheered as someone walked onto the pedestal at the edge of the field. When she was at the top I could see that it was none other than my mother. The other students began talking about how her costume wasn't really appropriate for a highschool festival.

I saw her look around at all the other students until her eyes landed on me. A massive smile became plastered on her face when she saw me. She then began yelling from her pedestal in my direction.

Nemuri: HI, SWEETIE! GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!

All the students and people in the stadium were now staring at me. My head looked like a giant cherry after that.

Anyway, so Bakugo was the one who'd be representing the first years by giving a speech. He walked up to the pedestal and spoke into the microphone.

Bakugo: I just wanna say... I'm gonna win.

I quickly face palmed.

Everyone: I KNEW HE'D SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

All the students were in an uproar from Bakugo expression of his own ego.

Iida: HOW COULD YOU BE SO DISRESPECTFUL?! YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE REPRESENTING US ALL!

Bakugo: not my fault you're all stepping stones to my victory.

After that train wreck of a speech was over we moved on with the festival.

Nemuri: NOW, LET START WITH THE FIRST EVENT!