Chapter 53: Locked Up

(Y/n)'s POV

I felt myself regaining control of my body. Every part of me felt like it was hit by an 18 wheeler.

(Y/n): ugh, everything hurts.

???: crap, he's waking up!

I slowly opened my eyes and when they were only half open, I saw Netsu pointing one of my knives at my throat.

(Y/n): WOAH WOAH WOAH!

Netsu: don't move!

(Y/n): Netsu, it's me!

Netsu: yeah right, you really expect me to fall for that?!

I tried to get up, but I was suddenly stopped, I looked down at my wrist and saw that my left arm was handcuffed to a pipe coming out of the wall. I then looked down at my chest and saw bandages with blood soaking through them.

(Y/n): WHAT THE HELL DID PLAGUE DO TO ME?!

I looked up at the factory's catwalk and saw the pros typing on the rocket's control console.

Zenko: THERE'S ONLY A MINUTE LEFT!

Byoki: HERE, LET ME TRY!

My dad pushed Zenko aside and type something. The screen flashed red and was quickly followed by a buzzing sound.

Byoki: DAMNIT!

I then saw Midoriya walk over to me.

(Y/n): MIDORIYA, IT'S ME, YOU'VE GOTTA BELIEVE ME!

Midoriya came closer and looked directly into my eyes, or more specifically, at my pupils.

Midoriya: it's him, let's him go.

Netsu: WHAT?! HE COULD BE LYING!

Midoriya: I know it's him, now let him go!

Netsu sighed.

Netsu: we're so dead.

Netsu took a key out of his pocket and unlocked the cuffs. As soon as I was free I ran over, and with a blast of mist, jump onto the catwalk. I pushed my dad out of the way. There were only 20 seconds left, I had to act fast.

B-U-B-O-N-I-C

ENTER

...

...

...

LAUNCH TERMINATED

(Y/n): OH THANK GOD!

I immediately collapsed to the ground in relief, laughing uncontrollably that it was finally over.

Nemuri: (y/n), sweetie, is that you?!

I sat up.

(Y/n): Yes mom, it's me.

She immediately knelt down and hugged me so tight that I thought my head was gonna pop.

Nemuri: OH MY GOD, MY BABY! I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE OK! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO IF I LOST YOU TO THAT MONSTER!

I could feel tears of joy mixed with relief streaming down her face as she nuzzled her cheek against mine.

(Y/n): can't...breath...

Byoki: uh, sweetheart, I'm happy he's alright too, but he won't be if you keep squeezing him like that.

She looked over at me and immediately let go when she saw my face turning as purple as my hair. I began gasping for air.

Zenko: wait, I don't get it. How did you get control of your body again?