Chapter 28: The Silent Glitch

(Y/n)'s POV

Alright, it was finally time for the exam that would allow me and the other heros in training to legally fight villains if we passed. All of the schools were scattered around the arena. The first test was basically a more glorified, harder variation of dodgeball.

We were told to put these weird pads on our costumes and were also given a few balls. If said balls were to touch one these pads then our chances of passing the first test would lessen. If all of the pads were hit then you failed.

Sounds easy, right? Na, not really. Given all the classes from different schools participating this year they had to shorten the amount of students likely to pass. The first test was just a means of thinning the herd.

So anyway, after the first test was explained to us, class 1-A was lifted up on an elevator and into the arena. It was made up of various terrains and environments. Cities, Rocky terrains, factories, the whole lot.

Since I can't control my quirk I decided to go off on my own. I was walking through the city area just waiting for someone to pop out and attack me. As I walk I began to hear a set of footsteps separate from my own. I stopped walking and they stopped as well. There was nothing but silence through the city as well as the echo of noise going on in the other areas. I then heard the footsteps continue as if whoever it was didn't care if I knew they were there anymore.

Given the sudden change in behavior I knew exactly who it was. Suddenly, a ball was thrown at me with incredible speed. I turned and caught it before it could hit the pad that I had put on my shoulder.

(Y/n): nice try, Netsu.

Netsu: eh, worth a shot.

He quickly bolted out of an alleyway sprinted toward me. His costume was a black, skintight stealth suit. with minor pieces of armor plating on it and of course his goggles. I could see his eyes glowing red through the lenses.

When he was close enough to me he threw a roundhouse kick at me I ducked underneath it and retaliated punching him in the gut. He staggered back and held his stomach.

(Y/n): I'm surprised you managed to find me so fast.

Netsu: well, with my quirk it wasn't that hard.

Present Mic: Shiketsu High's Netsu Goguru! His quirk, Thermal Vision. By blinking his eyes twice he can see the heat signature of any object or person. With this he can see through walls and track down his opponents.

(A/n) if you've ever seen the Predator movies you know what I'm talking about)

He ran at me again and I threw another punch, but this time he dodged me and quickly made his way behind me. He took another ball and slammed it onto the pad on my shoulder. It buzzed and I lunged forward to get a little further away from him.

(Y/n): not bad, you've really been training.

Netsu: yep, just know that it's not personal, I just wanna pass this thing.

???: We could say the same thing.

Me and Netsu both turned and looked up to see half a dozen students standing on a rooftop, one of which being the guy who was staring at me earlier. His costume was... interesting.

???: Looks like we found em, Guritchi

He jumped down from the rooftop and began quickly moving his hands around.

(Y/n): ...uh, what're you doing?

Netsu: I think it's sign language, he must be mute.

(Y/n): well, what's he saying, you took a class on sign language right?

Netsu: um, let me see.

Guritchi continued to move his hands and Netsu tried his best to translate.

Netsu: uh. "it was a mistake for you to separate yourselves from your classes. Now you're easier to pick off."

He then looked at me.

Netsu: "I saw you fight during the sports festival. Not only do I know what your quirk is, I know how you fight, how you behave, and I don't even need to mention the fact that the 2 of you are out numbered. You don't stand a chance."

Me and Netsu looked at each other. Guritchi raised his hand with his palm open before closing it into a fist. The students on the roof jumped down and sprinted toward us.

(Y/n): LET'S BOOK IT!

Without any hesitation me and Netsu ran in the opposite direction with the students from Ketsubutsu high. However, after running about 20 yards away I began to feel a tingling sensation all throughout my body. Suddenly, I felt myself being pulled backwards at an alarming speed. It was weird. I was sent backwards, but my body didn't move.

In front of me was Netsu running from a bunch of Ketsubutsu students and to my left was Guritchi. I then noticed something on my arms and hands? Multiple colored lines and markings that looked like the lines and markings that would appear on object in a videogame when it wasn't working right.

(Y/n): this is your quirk isn't it.

He nodded.

Present Mic: Ketsubutsu High's Chinmoku Guritchi. His quirk, Glitch. He's able to teleport people and objects back to their previous location, but if the target gets at least a hundred yard away from him he's unable to use his quirk on them.

Guritchi reached over his shoulder and pulled out a katana. I took both of my knives off of my hips.

(Y/n): that mask you're wearing doubles as a respirator, so I'll need to make a few cuts before I can use my quirk.

I ran towards him and swung, he parried my attack and countered by kicking me in the stomach. I staggered back and he immediately slashed at me I dodged it with a backflip backward, but it was over. He kept swinging over and over again, not even giving me a chance to breath.

(Y/n): damn, he's fast!

After FIVE MINUTES OF THIS he suddenly stopped when we both heard a loud scream coming our way. We turned and saw Netsu running towards us, still running from the Ketsubutsu students. He seriously ran from those guys for 5 straight minutes without stopping. I spun around, blasting purple mist to act as a sort of smoke screen. When Netsu was close enough I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a nearby alley.

(Y/n): alright, did you breath any of that in?

Netsu: no, I held my breath as soon as I saw what you were doing.

(Y/n): good, now I've got an idea to take those guys down. I'm gonna need you to distract them while I prepare. Now you're gonna need to hold your breath as soon as you see me coming. Got it?

Netsu nodded before running out of the alley to distract our opponents.

(Y/n): alright, I hope this works.

I blasted myself into the air and flew straight up. I stopped and within the few seconds I stayed suspended in the air I saw Netsu below me fighting the Ketsubutsu students. I began falling and extended my arm to my sides with 1 palm facing behind me and the other in front of me. I blasted purple mist out of my palms and started spinning.

(Y/n): ULTIMATE MOVE, VIRAL SPIRAL!

Netsu looked up and immediately covered his mouth. I saw Guritchi fill his gaze before I made impact with him. Purple mist covered the fake city, infecting his classmates. I stood up and saw Guritchi at my feet, unconscious. I took a ball and pressed it against the pads that he put on his costume. I looked over and saw Netsu doing the saw to infected student as they fell unconscious as well.

Long story short, we just went around tagging our unconscious opponents.