Chapter 47: The Encounter

(a/n) sorry i haven't been updating this story for a while, I got kinda stuck on what I should do next)

Midoriya's POV

It's been 2 weeks since we found out Plague was Mr. Sleepwalker. After he left UA that day he never came back, so as an extra precaution, UA deleted his students ID from the schools data base, so if he tried to get back in he couldn't.

When (y/n)'s parents found out about the situation they seemed to be the most distraught, but the most notable event from that day was what Plague did before he left. Before he even entered the common area of the dorms, he lit the papers on his desk on fire, which just so happen to be all of (y/n) and Yaoyorozu's research.

Zenko had come by a few times just to see how the other students and staff were handling the situation and just told us to continue with preparations for the festival and classes. We all did, but I couldn't shake the fact that Plague was out there doing who knows what.

Iida: you ok Midoriya?

I snapped out of my own thoughts and saw Iida and Uraraka standing in front of my desk.

Midoriya: y-yeah, I'm fine.

Uraraka: are you still thinking about (y/n)?

Midoriya: um, a little bit.

Uraraka: listen, we're all worried about him, we just need to leave it to the pros to handle it.

Midoriya: I know, it's just...do you ever wonder what he's doing out there?

Iida: of course, but the heros have it covered and Mr. Aizawa told us to stay out of it and not to go out looking for trouble.

Uraraka: we need to get to prep anyway, so there's no use sitting around all day.

Midoriya: yeah, you're right. Let's go.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Midoriya Practicing for the festival

After practice was done I was asked to go and get some supplies for the effects team. I was on my way back with the bag of supplies when I rounded a corner and accidentally bumped into something. I staggered backwards.

???: Oh, I'm so sorry.

I looked up and saw a guy with a hood covering most of his face.

Midoriya: oh, i-it's fi-

I stopped when I realized that I recognized that voice. The hooded man walked passed me and began to walk away. I quickly yelled after him.

Midoriya: hey, stop!

He stopped in his tracks before slightly turning to look at me.

Midoriya: drop the act, I know it's you.

I heard him chuckle before removing his hood. I was right, it was him.

Plague: you really are a smart one, Midoriya. I honestly didn't think you'd recognize me.

Midoriya: what are you planning, Plague? Where's (y/n)?

Plague: oh, him? I managed to distract him by trapping him in the same labyrinth I was in. As for what I'm planning...how about you walk with me?

Midoriya: ...how do I know this isn't a trick?

Plague: haha, I understand your caution, but I know that Eraserhead told you not to go after me. I won't attack anybody.

I looked down and thought for a second. There was a high chance that he was just lying and was trying to get me to let my guard down.

I looked him in the eyes, he didn't seem to be lying, so I hesitantly decided to follow him.

Plague: Midoriya, when you look around, what exactly do you see?

I looked around and saw people walking on the sidewalk and driving down the street

Midoriya: people?

Plague: yes, people who are just trying to live their lives as best they can. They just walk down the street of life. Wether they're heading to work or to the store, they prefer to stay ignorant to what's going on around them.

He sighed.

Plague: the world around us is slowly crumbling apart and most of us don't even realize it.

Midoriya: it's only because of villains like you that the world is the way it i-

Plague: let me stop you right there. First of all villains aren't the ones who made the world this way, its people who are trying to control what would be better left alone. Secondly I'm not a villain, I'm just a man who wants to make the world a better place. Ha, kinda like you.

Midoriya: you're nothing like me.

Plague: listen, broccoli boy, even when (y/n) was in control I could see and hear everything that was going on around him, you know what that means?

I was a bit confused by his statement. He leaned towards me and whispered in my ear.

Plague: I know your little secret.

My body tensed up and I felt myself begin to sweat. He pulled away.

Plague: if I wanted to I could tell the whole world about the little gift that All Might gave you, but I'm getting off track. Humans have been unknowingly destroying themselves, so it's definitely inevitable. Well, I better get back to it. Oh, and don't bother sending Hound Dog after me, my tracks will have already been covered.

He walked away and into an alleyway. I had to tell Mr. Aizawa.

...

...

...

...

Later that night

Giran's POV

I was walking down the sidewalk with bright street lamps illuminating the dark street. As I walked I began to hear footsteps behind me. I turned and saw nothing.

Giran: the hell?

I turned back around to continue walking, only to see someone standing in front of me.

Giran: HOLY SHIT!

I stumbled back.

Giran: DON'T SCARE SOMEONE LIKE THAT!

???: I hear you're the league of villain's main source of information.

Giran: yeah, whose asking?

He reached up and took off his hood.

Giran: ...you

Plague: yeah, me.

Giran: what do you want?

Plague: I'm looking for help on a little...project I'm developing.

Giran: look kid, I'd love to help, really I would, but I'm a very busy man.

Plague: ok, I see how it is.

He took off one of his gloves and black mist rose off of his skin.

Plague: ya know, it would be a real shame if the league lost one of their most valuable assets.

Giran: *sigh* alright alright, I might know a couple of people. They're mercenaries, but they'll do whatever you want for the right price.

Plague: sounds good, where can you find them?

Giran: they live in an apartment complex just outside of Tokyo.

Plague: thanks for your cooperation.

And with that he ran off into the night.