Chapter 26: New Gear

(Y/n)'s POV

After class 1-A moved into our dorms, we continued with classes. We all sat at our desks as Mr. Aizawa stood at the front.

Aizawa: I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses.

Everyone: yes sir.

Aizawa: do not take this lightly. A hero licenses means that your responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only 50% of students pass the test required for these permits each year.

Mineta: it's that hard to get a provisional license?!

Aizawa: in order to prepare today you'll concentrate on creating something new...

The door to our class suddenly swung open revealing Ectoplasm, Cementoss, and my mom.

Aizawa: 2 ultimate moves.

Ectoplasm: when we say ultimate we mean a move that will insure that you win against your opponent.

Cementoss: an action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean into strengths.

Nemuri: your moves represent who you are. These days most pro heros have an ultimate move, those who don't are fools.

Aizawa: this may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now change into your costumes and meet in gym Gama.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) struggling to put on his cape

Me and the rest of class 1-A finished putting on our costumes and gathered in gym Gama. The other teachers were stood in front of us and spoke.

Aizawa: gym Gama, also know at the academy as the training dining land, or TDL.

Cementoss: this facility was my idea. We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here you will learn to serve up justice, hence the name.

Iida's hand shot up.

Iida: please allow me a question! What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam?! May we know your reasoning?!

Aizawa: that's 2 questions, calm down. The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers, crime, accidents, and natural or man made disasters. Of course the licensing exam analyses how you deal with such things. You won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged, in addition to how well you communicate, cooperation, and lead others. Every year a new test is used to evaluate these qualities.

Nemuri: one thing is especially important. If you want to be a pro hero you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared you won't have to worry, those of you with an ultimate move will have stronger results?

Cementoss: your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles. Learn to be consistent and you'll be a great asset on the front lines.

Ectoplasm: your ultimate move necessarily have to be an attack, take Iida's Recipro Burst for example. This sort of temporary boost in speed is valuable enough that it fall into the category of excellence we're looking for.

Iida: you mean I've been doing an ultimate move all along.

Sato: so it's basically our secret weapon. Something that gives us the edge  no matter who or what we're facing.

Nemuri: there's a smart boy. For example, how Kamui Woods his Locker Chain Prison to capture opponents in an instant. That's exactly what we want to see.