Chapter 2: Mock Battle

Midoriya's POV

Me and the rest of class 1-A were now out in the training grounds. We had all changed into our costumes and were just waiting for (y/n) to come out.

Uraraka: hey Deku, what do you think the new guys quirk is gonna be?

Midoriya: I don't know, but if we all had to come to the training area to see it then it must be amazing.

Iida: let's just hope it'll be worth it.

We all went silent when we heard the sound of footsteps heading our way. We turned and saw (y/n) in his hero costume.

It was a lightly armored suit with a long, purple cape and hood. He wore a black mask around his eyes. Around his waist was a belt that stored what looked to be grenades. There were 2 holsters on his hips which came with 2 knives.

I'm not gonna lie, it looked pretty cool

Aizawa: alright, now that we're all here, let's get this over with. So (y/n) who do you want your partner to be?

(Y/n): if it's alright with you, sir, I'd like to go solo on this.

Aizawa: whatever. You can either play the part of the hero or the villain. Which one do you wanna be?

He thought for a moment.

(Y/n): hm, I think I'll take the part of the villain for this battle.

Aizawa: alright then. Who wants to be the heros.

Kirashima and Kaminari raised their hands.

Kirashima: WE'LL DO IT!

Aizawa: ok. I'm sure you remember how this works, but in case you forgot. The villain will be hidden inside this building with a bomb. It's the hero's job to either capture the villain or get their hands on the weapon. However, if the villain manages to stop the heros then they'll win. Once the villain is inside the building they'll have 5 minutes to set up. Once the timer hits zero the hero's will go in after them. Is that clear enough for ya?

Kirashima/Kaminari/(y/n): yes sir.

Aizawa: now, everyone else head to the monitoring room. (Y/n), get inside and get ready.

He nodded.

(Y/n)'s POV

I entered the building and the 5 minute timer began. I looked at the bomb in the middle of the room.

(Y/n): yeah, this is clearly fake. Well, better get set up.

I removed my gloves. A purple mist began coming from my skin and filled the room until the light from the windows wasn't visible anymore.

5 minutes later

Kirashima's POV

Aizawa: alright, time's up. Get in there.

Kaminari: let's do this.

We both walked inside and started searching the first floor.

Kirashima: stay on your guard, we don't know what this guys quirk is. He could turn invisible for all we know.

Kaminari: the first floors clear, let's head upstairs.

We made our way to the stair well only to see (y/n) standing at the top step. He didn't do or say anything, he just stood there, looking at us.

(Cue the song above)

He took one of those grenades off of his belt, pulled the pin, and lightly tossed it at us. It landed at our feet.

Kirashima: GET DOWN!

Kaminari dove for the ground while I hardened my arms, bracing for the explosion, but it didn't go off. We were both confused. Kaminari got up and stood next to me. Thinking it was just a dud, he lightly kicked it.

Suddenly the grenade began spinning while spraying a purple mist out of it. It surrounded us and we both started coughing.

Kaminari: *cough cough* what is this stuff?!

Suddenly, my forehead started feeling really hot. I was burning up.

(Y/n): first symptom, high fever.

He turned around and started heading back upstairs.

Kirashima: HEY, GET BACK HERE!

We tried to walk up the stair, but it felt like all my limbs weighed five thousand pounds. We heard (y/n) say something from the second floor.

(Y/n): second symptom, fatigue.

It took awhile before we finally got to the right floor and found the room that had the weapon in it, except it was also full of that weird purple mist.

Kaminari: seriously, what is this stuff?

When we stepped into the room we saw that (y/n) was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, we both felt a hand grab the backs of our heads and bashed our foreheads together. We stumbled backwards and (y/n) walked in from the doorway, with a sadistic smile.

He stood in front of us.

(Y/n): a villain can always be found lurking in the shadows where they have a perfect opportunity to get the drop on you.

(Y/n)'s POV

I was standing in front of the fake bomb, looking at my 2 new classmates. Kirishima hardened his arms and tried to swing at me, but the fatigue made it feel like a light jabbing. I swept his feet and knocked him flat on his back.

Kaminari: 1000000 VOLTS!

He sent a blast of electricity my way. I took my knives off of my hips and threw them up in the air. The electric blast followed the metal objects and hit them instead of me.

Kirishima got to his feet and they both looked at me.

(Y/n) 3...2...1...0

Suddenly, they both grabbed the sides of their heads and screamed in pain.

(Y/n): third symptom, violent headaches.

They continued to scream before going completely silent. They were unconscious.

(Y/n): and the final symptom, coma.

Aizawa: (y/n) wins.

Midoriya's POV

We all looked at the screen, in shock at what we had just witnessed. (Y/n) put his gloves back on and exited the building. He then entered the monitoring room. We all just stared at him.

Present Mic: (Y/N) (L/N)! HIS QUIRK, PANDEMIC! HIS BODY CAN PRODUCE A VIRUS THROUGH HIS SKIN THAT'S ABLE TO TAKE DOWN HIS OPPONENTS BY MAKING THEM TOO SICK TO FIGHT! SYMPTOMS INCLUDE FEVER, FATIGUE, REALLY BAD HEADACHES, AND IT ALL ENDS IN THE OPPONENTS GOING INTO A SHORT-TERM COMA!

(Y/n): who said that?!