I-Island Love (Part 2)

(A/n) sorry this took so long, I was trying to figure out what I should do next)

(Y/n)'s POV

After introductions were done, me, Netsu, and Melissa began just wandering around a bit. Melissa was showing us all the site on the island. As we walked I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. In the middle of the city was a tall tower that seemed to have a bunch of construction going on.

(Y/n): hey Melissa, what's going on over there?

She looked over.

Melissa: oh, that? We had an incident a while ago, they're in the middle of repairing that building.

Netsu: what kind of incident?

Melissa: well, a group of villains managed to get onto the island and tampered with the island's security system. Since then they've amped up security.

(Y/n): wait, villains? I thought the defenses of this place were almost the exact same as Tartarus prison, and I would know.

Melissa: yeah, well they found a way.

Netsu: I'm sure this question is obvious, but why exactly would a group of villains take risk of sneaking onto the island.

Melissa: well you see, they were after an invention that my dad had been working on. Luckily, they didn't get away with it.

Netsu: oh yeah...your dad. Does he...know about me?

Melissa: well, I've told him about you and that we were a couple...you wanna...you wanna head over to his lab?

Netsu: uh...

I could tell he was nervous, so I put my hand on his shoulder. He turned to me.

(Y/n): If I were you I'd just get it over with.

Netsu turned back to Melissa

Netsu: s-sure.

Melissa: alright, let's go.

Melissa led the two of us to a large building that she exclaimed to be her father's lab. We went inside and, after leading us down the hall, stopped and knocked on a door.

???: come in.

She opened the door.

Melissa: hey, papa.

???: oh, Melissa, I thought you were doing your schoolwork.

Melissa: I was, but something came up.

???: oh, and what was that?

She took a deep breath.

Melissa: dad, I want you to meet my-

She turned around only to see me standing in the doorway, just me.

Melissa: where'd he go?

I looked to my left and saw Netsu standing against the wall, next to the doorway, just out of eyesight.

(Y/n): what are you doing?

Netsu: I can't do this.

(Y/n): of course you can, now stop being a baby.

Netsu: no, I'd rather stay a baby.

(Y/n): not happening, now get in here!

I grabbed him and dragged him into the lab with Melissa and her father, all the while he was protesting by flailing his arms and legs.

I dropped him at Melissa and her father's feet.

Netsu: OW!

He got up and stared at me with a look in his eyes that basically said "I'm gonna strangle you"

???: well, who's this?

Melissa walked over and wrapped her arms around one of Netsu's.

Melissa: dad, this is Netsu Goguru, he's the boy I've been video chatting with.

Her father then looked at Netsu with a furrowed brow. He walked up to Netsu. I could see the sweat running down his face. Suddenly, Melissa's father stuck out his arm and presented his hand to Netsu.

???: it's nice to meet you, I'm David Shield.

Netsu was confused for a sec, but didn't hesitate in shaking his hands.

Netsu: i-it's a pleasure to meet you, sir.

David: Melissa told me a lot about you. I've sometimes caught her up at 3 am talking to you.

Netsu: y-yeah, sorry about that.

David: don't be, you make my daughter happy, that's enough of an apology if you ask me.

After meeting Melissa's dad, me and Netsu went back to our hotel room. When the sun had gone down Netsu decided to take a shower. So I was just laying down on my bed, watching some TV, when there was a knock at the door.

I hopped off of my bed and answered it. It was Melissa.

(Y/n): oh, hey Melissa. What's up?

Melissa: hey, (y/n). Is Netsu here?

(Y/n): yeah, he's in the shower. He should be out in just a sec. come on in.

She stepped inside and took a seat on the bed.

Melissa: so are you liking the island so far?

(Y/n): yeah, it's an amazing sight to see. To be honest, Netsu actually tricked me into coming.

Melissa: why's that.

(Y/n): he said he needed a wingman.

Melissa: haha, he was that nervous?

(Y/n): it got worse when you showed up.

Just then Netsu came out of the bathroom in his pajamas.

Netsu: damn, I needed that.

His eye widened when he saw Melissa.

Netsu: uh...

(Y/n): I'll give you guys some privacy.

I walked out of the hotel room and just went on a walk.

Netsu's POV

Melissa got up from the bed and walked over to me.

Netsu: hey.

Melissa: hey.

We stayed silent for a few seconds, just looking into each other's eyes, before she wrapped me up in a hug.

Melissa: I'm so happy you're here.

I hugged her back.

Netsu: I'm happy I can finally hug you