Chapter 38: The Raid On The Hassaikai

(Y/n)'s POV

Myself, the other work study students, the big three, and a bunch of heros were stood in front of a police station near the Shie Hassaikai's main HQ. The night before, we were notified that Nighteye had managed to find out where the Hassaikai are keeping Eri with the help of his quirk, Foresight, which basically let's him see a person's future.

After being informed that Chisaki was keeping Eri at his residence. Nighteye's agency managed to get help from the police and got a warrant to search the place. Now all that was left was to kick down their door, find Eri, and arrest the whole lot of them.

???: As you know, Nighteye was able to use his quirk on a Hassaikai member. Though it, he saw underground facilities, and we believe them to be this Yakuza group's headquarters. We were also able to confirm that the girl we're trying to rescue is currently being held in one of the rooms there. Although we were unable to map out the entire layout of the underground hallways, we believe the man Sir Nighteye saw took the shortest route to our target. This is the best intel we have at the moment concerning the Hassaikai's stronghold. It's the basis of this mission. Stay smart, these guys are dangerous, and we can expect them to bring their quirks against us, full force.

The detective nodded to another officer who then began passing around Intel on the current members of the Shie Hassaikai and their quirks. While all the pros present here were keeping their cool in this situation, I was practically loosing it. I was so nervous.

Suddenly, I felt someone nudge my shoulder, making me jump a bit. I turned my head and saw Zenko smiling at me. He had 2 paper cups in his hands and proceeded to hand one of them to me.

Zenko: drink up, kid, you look like you need it.

I took the cup.

(Y/n): what is it.

Zenko: green tea, helps with anxiety.

I looked down at the cup in hands before taking a single sip.

(Y/n): ah...

Zenko: how ya feel?

(Y/n): not too different.

Zenko: well, keep drinking. You've gotta stay calm in situations like this.

(Y/n): it's not that easy, how do pros like you keep a level head before going into a fight.

Zenko: every pro has their own methods, but I think you might wanna try this. Think of someone who you really care about, someone who cares about you too.

I began think.

Zenko: not your parents.

(Y/n): OH, COME ON!

Zenko: come on, kid. You got a girlfriend or someone like that in your life?

(Y/n): u-um, y-yeah.

Zenko: alright, why don't you tell me about her?

(Y/n): w-why?!

Zenko: just do it.

(Y/n): ok well, she's smart, pretty, and has this kind of smile that makes me feel all warm inside.

Of course, I was describing Momo, and doing so made me smile and feel a lot more relaxed.

Zenko: ha, she sounds like quite the catch. Now, think about her until she's the only thing on your mind, think about how she'll feel when you come back safe and sound. Now, use those thoughts to fuel your drive to fight and persevere.

(Y/n): *sigh*

Zenko: feel better, now?

(Y/n): little bit.

Zenko: good enough. Now, let's get going.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) chugging his cup of green tea

After the briefing, we all met in front of the Shie Hassaikai's main base of operations at about 8:30.

???: Once they've read the warrant then you're free to move. I'm counting on everyone to act swiftly.

Zenko: be sure to stay frosty in there, kid.

(Y/n): I'll try.

Zenko: I wouldn't expect anything less.

The police approached the door to the premises and right before they pushed to doorbell, this HUGE guy with muscles as big as pick up trucks exploded through the front door. After reading the briefing I learned that this guy's name was Katsukame and that his quirk allowed him to drain the stamina from a person and then use it to increase his size.

Katsukame: whaddya want? It's too early for visitors.

Rocklock: aw man! You kidding me, how do they already know we're here?!

Zenko: don't know, but it looks like things are about to get interesting, just the way I like it!

Zenko rushed toward Katsukame and jumped onto his back.

Katsukame: huh, get off me!

He swung at Zenko who quickly dodged his attack.

Zenko: missed me.

He then began crawling up and down Katsukame's body while he was swatting at him like a fly.

Zenko: missed me, missed me, missed me.

The weird part was that Zenko wasn't attacking him at all, it's like he was just messing with him.

Ryukyu: Zenko, get back!

Zenko bounced off of Katsukame's face before Ryukyu suddenly turned into a massive dragon and pinned Katsukame to the ground.

Ryukyu: listen to me. We shouldn't split up too many of our forces yet. The Ryukyu agency will take care of this villain. The rest of you, go!

Fatgum: you heard her! Everyone move, c'mon!

Without any hesitation the rest of the hero rushed inside of the Shie Hassaikai's base.

???: This is the heros and the police, we have a warrant to search your premises on suspicion of manufacturer and sale of illegal drugs.

???: They've got a search warrant?!

???: Who cares?

One of the villains in front of us launched a bunch of needles out of a nearby bush which the police blocked with riot shields.

A few lower ranked heros and the police easily took them down, allowed the rest of us to make our way inside the building.